• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Elephant in the room

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
    What does David Icke say? Well doesn't really matter because it all leads to the moon is man made.

And... lizards.
    It's all a conspiracy, all the hospitals are empty and they are installing 5G whilst everyone is in.

Icke has never been the same since he tried LSD
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      It's all a conspiracy, all the hospitals are empty and they are installing 5G whilst everyone is in.

Icke has never been the same since he tried LSD
      Must have spent too much time in the company of Frank Bough when he was presenting the darts on Grandstand.

Comment

Icke has never been the same since he tried out for Coventry City
        FTFy

Comment

Must have spent too much time in the company of Frank Bough when he was presenting the darts on Grandstand.
          Indeed, how many housewives were crying into their freshly laundered knickers at the revelations.

Poor old Boughy, busted for Hookers and Coke before it was a thing, now it's almost a footballers right of passage.

Legend, far ahead of his time

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've known for weeks about the issue of viral load, see the original quote I was sent below, which has made me extra careful.
            The original quote is full of twaddle.

All, this information has come from a medical Doctor.
            This should have been your first indicator that what was to follow need to be treated with extreme skepticism."A medical doctor". Where? When? What makes him qualified to speak on the subject. What is his experience? This is just an "appeal to authority", without even verifying that the authority exists.

The rest of the quote is about viral load. It says that the initial intensity of infection is correlated to the severity of the infection. I.e. if you're exposed to a lot, you're going to be ill. It also says that a group of people with the disease in the same room, coughing and spluttering are going to make each other worse.

It's early days, but it seems this is not the case. Does a high viral load or infectious dose make covid-19 worse? | New Scientist

f I sit with one person and catch this virus, I get a small viral load. My immune system will start to fight it and by the time the virus starts replicating, I’m ready to kill it.
            This has not been demonstrated.

We are a week at most behind London.
            Nope. Wales, for example, is two weeks behind, according to this doctor. .

This bit is right.
            Stay home and take this seriously now before we need the army on the streets to remind you. Yes I’m serious.
            Do not take advice from social media (except this bit) unless it is backed up from reputable sources, and if you pass it on, make sure you include the sources.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              It's early days, but it seems this is not the case. Does a high viral load or infectious dose make covid-19 worse? | New Scientist
              I think the internal logic of this quote is sufficient reason to be skeptical about it.

It is early days, but if the initial amount of virus a person is infected by doesn’t correlate with the severity of disease symptoms, this would mark covid-19 out as different from influenza, MERS and SARS.
              The conflicting early evidence about whether it does or not for CV19 is another cause for skepticism. The bit about it being too early to say, with any confidence, is correct though.

Comment

Natural immunity obviously exists as many are asymptomatic, who have tested positive, as has been observed in Iceland.
                What a load of cobblers.....
                If you’ve got it and are asymptomatic then you’re not immune, naturally or other. If you’re immune you can’t get it...
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What does David Icke say? Well doesn't really matter because it all leads to the moon is man made.
                  Usual suspects

The truth about Corona Virus

Inc... lizards.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    The original quote is full of twaddle.

This should have been your first indicator that what was to follow need to be treated with extreme skepticism."A medical doctor". Where? When? What makes him qualified to speak on the subject. What is his experience? This is just an "appeal to authority", without even verifying that the authority exists.

The rest of the quote is about viral load. It says that the initial intensity of infection is correlated to the severity of the infection. I.e. if you're exposed to a lot, you're going to be ill. It also says that a group of people with the disease in the same room, coughing and spluttering are going to make each other worse.

This has not been demonstrated.

Nope. Wales, for example, is two weeks behind, according to this doctor. .

This bit is right.

Do not take advice from social media (except this bit) unless it is backed up from reputable sources, and if you pass it on, make sure you include the sources.
                    Patronising much

Firstly, as I said, that post is from weeks ago, when noone was dicussing viral load, hence why it is now well out of date.

Secondly, there is plenty of supportive evidence, a simple Google search yielded a number of very recent supportive articles, so fill ya boots:-

viral load and coronovirus - Google Search

Thirdly, quoting the New Scientist is fairly disingenuous, they are proven not to be totally reliable and often full of "twaddle", as you elequently put it, over a number of subjects.

Obviously, there is a lot currently unknown, that's a fact, but if you have an investigative mind, the viral load theory makes a lot of sense to me, as it did back then.

In addition, why would it cause you any harm if you were aware it could possibly true and follow it?

It seems you are almost accusing me of telling people to gargle Vinegar for a cure
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      What a load of cobblers.....
                      If you’ve got it and are asymptomatic then you’re not immune, naturally or other. If you’re immune you can’t get it...
                      Well, you can only become immune once you've had it, no?

There are plenty who test positive, but have shown no symptoms whatsoever.
                      The body must have built up immunity, which may be related to the viral load thing I was discussing earlier.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X