• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronovirus - Do You Think Your Government is Doing a Good Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why there is no poll?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why there is no poll?
      Referendum, surely?
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Name names.
        There are also many who voted for them who aren't whinging .... it's those who voted Tory, and complain about their policy, who need calling out. I have no problem with those who voted Tory and not complaining ... they're getting what they voted for

Conversely I didn't vote Tory and have no issue with their actions. I think under the circumstances Boris and his team are doing the best they can with the talent they have to work with.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          I didn't vote Tory but I'm not convinced Corbyn et al would have handled this crisis any better.
          Nor me, but then I didn't vote Corbyn either ..... I'm just a little sick of a number of people on here, who criticised Corbyn for being a commie, then voted for a Tory capitalist government, and are now complaining/surprised that the Tories are putting big business first.

Comment

The government is doing a good job. It's easy to sit and carp and ponder the inflamed garbage that passes for news on the web and blame it all on the man in no 10. But in reality without full access to all the facts none of us can do more than follow the guidelines and provide support where we can.

Other countries have similar issues to us and are coping no better or worse. Even Germany with its mass testing of mainly young people is only playing with the statistics. We're not comparing the same things when we look at the stats and the real picture will only emerge in times to come when proper analysis has been done.

One things for sure the current government are doing a hell of a lot better than any of the alternatives would have done. So lets have bit more and less to minimise the

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Name names.
              They know who they are

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                There are also many who voted for them who aren't whinging .... it's those who voted Tory, and complain about their policy, who need calling out. I have no problem with those who voted Tory and not complaining ... they're getting what they voted for

Conversely I didn't vote Tory and have no issue with their actions. I think under the circumstances Boris and his team are doing the best they can with the talent they have to work with.
                Of course you are entitled to your point of view .

My main issue is the constant Trump level populist lying.

The other issue is, due to lack of talent, our country is "nudged" along/run by the likes of Dominic Cummings.

The "Best they Can" would only really hold true, if they stopped lying about almost everything.

The transparency of these lies is both equally embarrassing as it is dangerous.

I'm of the opinion that once people's savings dry up, in certain quarters and with no money forthcoming we will see civil unrest in this country.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well I'm sure that clapping helps....
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Of course you are entitled to your point of view .

My main issue is the constant Trump level populist lying.

The other issue is, due to lack of talent, our country is "nudged" along/run by the likes of Dominic Cummings.

The "Best they Can" would only really hold true, if they stopped lying about almost everything.

The transparency of these lies is both equally embarrassing as it is dangerous.

I'm of the opinion that once people's savings dry up, in certain quarters and with no money forthcoming we will see civil unrest in this country.
                    At the last GE, this Tory government won the majority of the seats in Westminster. This is despite their leadership team being shown to be pathological liars steered by Cummings. Why are we so surprised now that they are acting the way that they have acted since 2015 and leading up to the referendum?

They're a capitalist government acting the way a capitalist government is expected to act. If we don't like it, we can vote them out in just under 5 years time.

Comment

'It seems like they're handling it their normal way with lies, bluster and gaslighting, still, nothing new there and they'll still get voted in. Jolly good
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X