• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Might CV actually offer a boom for contractors longer term?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might CV actually offer a boom for contractors longer term?

We've all been doom and gloom about CV being the nail in the IR35 lid of contracting's coffin.

But think about it, many companies are laying off workforce or will be. They are trying to make huge differences to how they work, and after CV they will again have to adjust very quickly with a depleted workforce.

I wonder if that's an opportunity for contractors to provide temporary work before companies are confident to re-hire permanent staff, 6/9/12 months down the line?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

dream on, son

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We've all been doom and gloom about CV being the nail in the IR35 lid of contracting's coffin.

But think about it, many companies are laying off workforce or will be. They are trying to make huge differences to how they work, and after CV they will again have to adjust very quickly with a depleted workforce.

I wonder if that's an opportunity for contractors to provide temporary work before companies are confident to re-hire permanent staff, 6/9/12 months down the line?
      Oh my sweet summer child.

Comment

Maybe it's only an opportunity for good contractors, not washed-up-bum-on-seat-permietractors
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe it's only an opportunity for good contractors, not washed-up-bum-on-seat-permietractors

Comment

Personally, I think it may.

I also think that HMRC are going to be so royally overworked trying to implement this crackerjack financial support - that IR35 will be the least of their priorities.

Comment

There is always opportunity when times get tough. It's not necessarily something that will benefit contractors over any other group. It's more about being able to spot an opportunity and being willing/able to take a risk on it. Some will see an opportunity but not be able to do anything with it; others will completely miss it and then get grumpy when they realise they missed the boat. 'tis the way of the world whether its boom time or bust.

Comment

They are trying to make huge differences to how they work,
                Is there really going to be a change? CV is just halting current business. An intermission. When it's all over, won't everybody just revert to what they were doing before?
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  Is there really going to be a change? CV is just halting current business. An intermission. When it's all over, won't everybody just revert to what they were doing before?
                  Thats the government plan, but the reality is that they cant save everyone. There isnt a big magic pause button. The economy is in freefall and theres just some guy below running around with an old net with some holes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    Prior to this outbreak, the markets were in the early stages of bubble collapse - a process that started in earnest in late 2019. The central banks are now making things a lot worse in that respect and while we are in the eye of the storm it may not be apparent but when this is over the real pain starts.

Comment

Working...
                    X