• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cov19 - limiting access to health care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cov19 - limiting access to health care

We can no longer give respirators to anyone aged over SIXTY

We can no longer give respirators to anyone aged over SIXTY | Daily Mail Online

Since everyone else here seems to be posting their own cov19 thread, I thought I would be selfish and add mine too.

Soon UK will have far more people needing health care.

But why decide this on age? Surely there should be no respirators to second home owners who have done so much to **** up the country? Or people who have been exercising this weekend?

And why should drunk people get any sort of threatment? Or fat people?

Where does it end?

Hitler would be proud....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Since everyone else here seems to be posting their own cov19 thread, I thought I would be selfish and add mine too.

But why decide this on age? Surely there should be no respirators to second home owners who have done so much to **** up the country? Or people who have been exercising this weekend?

Where does it end?

Loan charge scum should be first to be denied admission, as they didn't want to contribute to society.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Loan charge scum should be first to be denied admission, as they didn't want to contribute to society.
      Hopefully those who used the Dutch Antillies scheme will go to the front of the queue?

However I think LC should be the 2nd to be denied. The 1st should be bad pub singers....

Comment

Hopefully those who used the Dutch Antillies scheme will go to the front of the queue?
        The Oude Joris Max 120 Scheme bestows immunity to all novel viruses.

Comment

The hospitals are doing what they always do - applying triage. People more likely to benefit from treatment are given priority over those less likely to. It may rankle, but that's the facts of life of all health services.

It is unlikely in the extreme that there will be any definite policy of if you're over 60, forget it. It may practically work out like that however.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And why should drunk people get any sort of treatment? Or fat people?
            Yeh, but can we realistically apply an extensive study into everybody's background before making a decision?

One thing that always pisses me off about articles in the Guardian or Independent, about welfare benefits, rights to remain in the UK etc, is that they bang on about the injustice of some individual case and never consider that no system dealing with umpteen thousands of cases per year can ever be perfect without unlimited resources. The liberal-lefty magic money tree!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Yeh, but can we realistically apply an extensive study into everybody's background before making a decision?

One thing that always pisses me off about articles in the Guardian or Independent, about welfare benefits, rights to remain in the UK etc, is that they bang on about the injustice of some individual case and never consider that no system dealing with umpteen thousands of cases per year can ever be perfect without unlimited resources. The liberal-lefty magic money tree!
              I always prefer the Tory magic money tree.....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Where does it end?

In Japan, they respect old people and they would prioritise them in such situations
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  In Japan, they respect old people and they would prioritise them in such situations
                  Japanese are not douing well about the Olympics. They are very worried about losing money.

Comment

Where does it end?

Same will happen in London with much lower age cutoff

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X