• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    I remember as a kid in the late 80's being genuinely worried about black rain & whether we were going to get nuked. I suppose being shown 'when the wind blows' in school didn't help. Or being told what to do if you hear the four minute warning. Kinda similar I suppose.
    We grew up with proper warning info-mercials .... none of these softly softly rubbish from today!

Imagine the snowflake uproar we'd have today if the Tories starting releasing this style of warning video again

Be afraid! Top 12 terrors of childhood, according to 1970's Public Information Films.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I loved the public information films! We had those in school every now and then.

Plus all the impending doom from imminent nuclear annihilation

Comment

Captain Trump of the RMS Titanic:

There isn't any iceberg.
        There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.
        The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.
        There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.
        We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.
        The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.
        We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats. Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.
        We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.
        Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.
        I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.
        We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.
        The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.
        Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

Comment

.....the International Lifeboat Association is to blame for not sending enough lifeboats, withdraw all funding.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            We grew up with proper warning info-mercials .... none of these softly softly rubbish from today!

Imagine the snowflake uproar we'd have today if the Tories starting releasing this style of warning video again

Be afraid! Top 12 terrors of childhood, according to 1970's Public Information Films.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ther person who wrote that article was obviously a "sensitive child"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                is that posh for feckin' woos?

Comment

Especially if they had at least one paedophile doing them...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    is that posh for feckin' woos?
                    I couldn't possibly comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      TBF, I didn't read the article - I was just looking for the videos to share. I may have to read the article now
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X