• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Especially if they had at least one paedophile doing them...
    Kids ..... they love water!

In hindsight, we now know why he wanted to be with kids in their bathing costumes
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Kids ..... they love water!

In hindsight, we now know why he wanted to be with kids in their bathing costumes
      Well dead children don't talk.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Well dead children don't talk.
        Ooh dark!

I like that.

Comment

This hasn't aged well (from 16th March)

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Number of deaths due to CV each week approx 10...
          A week earlier, the UK was getting <500 new cases per day. Now it would be nice to get <500 new deaths per day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I wonder how they're going to spin this one: Coronavirus: UK only formally asked Turkey for PPE shipment help on Sunday - after telling Britons it was on its way | World News | Sky News

Britain only made a formal request to Turkey over a consignment of personal protective equipment on Sunday, Turkish sources have told Sky News.

This is the day after Robert Jenrick, the housing secretary, said at the daily Downing Street press briefing on Saturday that 84 tonnes of the gear, was already heading to the UK.

This included 400,000 urgently needed clinical gowns, which he said would arrive in the UK from Turkey the following day. It failed to materialise, but no explanation for the delay was given.

Two sources have told Sky News that no formal request was made to the Turkish authorities - who were not supplying the shipment, but whose help was sought to get it to the UK - until Sunday.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Speculative chat around the virtual water cooler is that the lockdown could be relaxed for VE day, which is 8 May and when the May Day bank holiday has been moved to this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Speculative chat around the virtual water cooler is that the lockdown could be relaxed for VE day, which is 8 May and when the May Day bank holiday has been moved to this year.

Excellent - let's get a bunch of people together in a big crowd, what could go wrong?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I loved the public information films! We had those in school every now and then.

Plus all the impending doom from imminent nuclear annihilation
                  Yes, I remember back then being a bit sceptical that crouching under the kitchen table would be much help against a nuclear blast.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    We grew up with proper warning info-mercials .... none of these softly softly rubbish from today!

Imagine the snowflake uproar we'd have today if the Tories starting releasing this style of warning video again

Be afraid! Top 12 terrors of childhood, according to 1970's Public Information Films.
                    Kites?

Well to be fair, in Pakistan or similar there's a tradition of flying glass kites, and dozens of people are killed or maimed by them each year!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

23rd May...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X