• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    After chain completion it look 3 months..3 months to complete chain before that..

OK, so it took you 6 months to engage a solicitor, exchange and complete.

...except it took longer, because I'm sure you prevaricated before that 6 month period for a couple of months.

If you were serious about selling, you could get the solicitor involved now, get the contracts drawn up, and even get them signed.
    It's possible to exchange contracts several weeks before completing. That way you know you have a sale and the buyer knows they have a purchase.
    It also gives time to discuss fixtures & fittings and if there are built-in things you want to take (e.g. light fittings, kitchen appliances), then you have the opportunity to advise the buyer and make good where necessary.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      OK, so it took you 6 months to engage a solicitor, exchange and complete.

...except it took longer, because I'm sure you prevaricated before that 6 month period for a couple of months.

If you were serious about selling, you could get the solicitor involved now, get the contracts drawn up, and even get them signed.
      It's possible to exchange contracts several weeks before completing. That way you know you have a sale and the buyer knows they have a purchase.
      It also gives time to discuss fixtures & fittings and if there are built-in things you want to take (e.g. light fittings, kitchen appliances), then you have the opportunity to advise the buyer and make good where necessary.
      But without chain completed anyone will sign contract..?? I dono't want to sell my house if I can't get the house I wanted. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        You had mine, and other's, advice way back on pages 1, 2 and 3. You keep asking the same stupid questions when you've already been given advice. You're either looking for an answer that doesn't exist, or you're trolling.
        Neither of them really..

Moved on from initial offer stage now, moving to updated offer stage now. So situation is moving so I am trying to get inputs as well

Comment

But without chain completed anyone will sign contract..?? I dono't want to sell my house if I can't get the house I wanted. thanks.

The point of a contract is that it is drawn up, discussed and agreed before signing.

You’ve not got a contract, and you’re now saying you don’t want to sell, because you’re unwilling to negotiate with the owners of the one and only house you want.

Comment

The point of a contract is that it is drawn up, discussed and agreed before signing.

You’ve not got a contract, and you’re now saying you don’t want to sell, because you’re unwilling to negotiate with the owners of the one and only house you want.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Put updated offer..still below earlier asking price...

EA says they have another offer "significantly" higher..!!! Not sure why vendor is not accepting that "significantly" higher offer...[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Looks like usual EA bluffing. Mostly need to sign off from these guys...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Put updated offer..still below earlier asking price...

EA says they have another offer "significantly" higher..!!! Not sure why vendor is not accepting that "significantly" higher offer...[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Looks like usual EA bluffing. Mostly need to sign off from these guys...

Time to walk away.

And if you want to be polite, contact your buyer to let them know you're not moving.

Comment

Time to walk away.

And if you want to be polite, contact your buyer to let them know you're not moving.
                  I might prefer that, knowing house need some work as well. But struggles to sell mine is keeping me chaseing this one. Also no other ideal alternative !![emoji852]

Comment

I might prefer that, knowing house need some work as well. But struggles to sell mine is keeping me chaseing this one. Also no other ideal alternative !![emoji852]

I have no idea how you managed to put your socks on in a morning let alone buy a house.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

ss
                      Last edited by Darren_Test; 30 January 2020, 20:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X