• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I predict that they'll announce that the black box is damaged to such an extent that it wasn't possible to retrieve any information and that it has been destroyed, thus preventing any independent examination of it. But then I'm a cynic.
    They already announced that on day 1, just hours after the accident. But that news has been replaced now by it's damaged but not unreadable

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      They already announced that on day 1, just hours after the accident. But that news has been replaced now by it's damaged but not unreadable
      I'm surprised!

Comment

Watched the missile video a few times now - have to say, it's one of the slowest missiles I've ever seen, even in slow motion.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Watched the missile video a few times now - have to say, it's one of the slowest missiles I've ever seen, even in slow motion.
          Based on what? What were the respective angles with regards to camera, aircraft and missile?

I seriously hope your clients hire you for your comedic value because you're **** all use for anything else!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Based on what? What were the respective angles with regards to camera, aircraft and missile?

I seriously hope your clients hire you for your comedic value because you're **** all use for anything else!

I could tell you but then the official secrets act would be up me butt.

A man walks into an optician. Ouch.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'd be hard pressed to make a judgement vs, for example, this video:

YouTube

But then I haven't quite got the same weird urge to be humiliated on the Internet in front of my own self proclaimed credentials.
              Last edited by vwdan; 10 January 2020, 20:53.

Comment

I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more.

Now just chill, deep breath.

Comment

Saw on the BBC news tonight that they have been clearing the crash site. Hardly the right action from a state that wants a proper investigation.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I could tell you but then the official secrets act would be up me butt.

A man walks into an optician. Ouch.
                    Yeah, ok Walter.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Gwd not another one. Never never getting on an aircraft again made by Boeing. The Aldi of aerospace.
                      Iran plane crash: Ukrainian jet was 'unintentionally' shot down - BBC News

Seems like the cretinous incredulous reactions that it could be Iran can rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X