• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day plans?

We're going round to my son's place tomorrow, where he will wield the Swedish steel, made in Japan, left handed sushi knife I got for him for Christmas. I'm really hoping my wife remembers to bring the fish. He and his wife toured Scotland this summer, and so I plan on denting his whisky supplies.

Then raclette with friends for the afternoon of the 1st of January.

What are you lovely lot planning to herald in the New Year?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

TFA.

I hateNew Year even more than I hate Christmas. Early night. Then try to get back to sleep as soon asI can after fireworks wake me at midnight....

Comment

A friend is getting married so I'm off to a wedding tomorrow afternoon and the party is likely to last until the wee hours, although I probably won't.

Comment

Nothing on the Eve. New Year's Day going to ride the Watercress Line, in Alresford. Up and Down, to and fro... Nothing like a bit of coal-fired steam to start the year!
        Last edited by Scruff; 30 December 2019, 17:32.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          ...Swedish steel, made in Japan, left handed sushi knife I got for him for Christmas ..
          Pray tell where you got it from? The ones I've looked at in the past have been outrageous. I'm a cack-hand, but slice my sashimi right-handed...yanagiba is handed that way

Quick exit...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

New Years Eve has never been interesting to me, but as we have the little one anyway we're having some close family round for board games and food.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Pray tell where you got it from? The ones I've looked at in the past have been outrageous. I'm a cack-hand, but slice my sashimi right-handed...yanagiba is handed that way

Quick exit...
              Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef Kiritsuke(LEFT) Japanese Chef's Yanagiba(Sashimi) 260mm Currently only $332.99

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Domo-Arigato

Comment

NYE same as the last few years. At home, prolly watch some tulip telly then off to bed with my ear plugs in! I don't bother as I'm a bit past it now, but tbh I could never really get on board with the forced enjoyment [emoji23]

New year's Day will be at my mum's for the obligatorily steak pie.
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

That's a thing of beauty, very nice.

I've been picking up some Blok knives, from Derby. Non-stainless so need some care, but take an excellent edge and are stunning imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X