• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Rickenbacker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n5gooner
    picked up my basic acoustic last week, and a book on how to get started, s can do 3/4 major coards, but I don't know if it sounds right!
    Chords.

You only ever need to know one (or maybe two) and then move it up and down the neck to get all of them.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cliphead]Never mind Blaster, I learned on a piece of Chinese tulip that cut my fingers the action was so bad.
      QUOTE]

me too - egmond jumbo many, many eons ago. but i soon learned that there are those with chopped digits and those who play. mind you, i play so infrequently these days that every time i play, i get the old diced digits.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        Chords.

You only ever need to know one (or maybe two) and then move it up and down the neck to get all of them.
        Worked for Status Quo, they've been doing that for 30 years and no-one has noticed
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
          poor thing. so you fell for the hype of a rickenbacker [spit], not knowing that the sound you're after is really due to a compressor in the line. not to worry. there are those whose lot is forever to be the poor cousin. those of us in the gibson/fender clan know what's what...
          ...aha Gibson isn't = Gibson

Yes a 335 is a fantastic guitar, I 've played one, and expensive, but as for the rest, the Les-Paul is absolute rubbish. I was very disappointed. I don't know about the semi-acoustic budget versions like the 333, probably OK and I would buy one (I did offer )if it was reasonably priced, but lets face it it isn't a 335 is it.

Strats are OK, but really for Jimi-Hendrix freaks.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
            ...aha Gibson isn't = Gibson

Yes a 335 is a fantastic guitar, I 've played one, and expensive, but as for the rest, the Les-Paul is absolute rubbish. I was very disappointed. I don't know about the semi-acoustic budget versions like the 333, probably OK and I would buy one (I did offer )if it was reasonably priced, but lets face it it isn't a 335 is it.

Strats are OK, but really for Jimi-Hendrix freaks.
            you did offer and i did accept but then you were seduced by a .... r i c k e n b a c k e r !!! only joking bb - i do hope you'll be very happy with your new purchase. here's to many hours of music

Comment

you did offer and i did accept but then you were seduced by a .... r i c k e n b a c k e r !!! only joking bb - i do hope you'll be very happy with your new purchase. here's to many hours of music
              Oh dear ...I thought you'd pulled out, because you didn't reply. But presumably that was because it was Christmas, and I didn't trust the private sellers on E-bay and then I found out Rickenbackers which are reasonably priced were in short supply so I bought, before they sold out.

But just out of interest is there a piccy on the web of your guitar ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

yes. this is what you turned down

http://www.harada-gakki.co.jp/oscomm.../collage35.jpg

Comment

not MY guitar but identical to mine.

Comment

... not bad, hmmm
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why are you selling this beautiful guitar Scotspine ?

Have you an even better one ?
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X