• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yeeessss!! Let the fun begin.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So are you saying voting for Labour and having Labour in parliament with a majority would have been a better outcome?
    No it would be worse. A much bigger money tree. Tories are the lesser of 2 evils.

I'm just saying, this Tory government will have to be redistributive.
    Last edited by sasguru; 13 December 2019, 12:47.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      No it would be worse. A much bigger money tree. Tories are the lesser of 2 evils.

I'm just saying, this Tory government will have to be redistributive.
      Well Boris and the Tories promised a lot of things to the North so it needs to deliver them.

For instance Darlington will be getting the A66 improved to Dual carriageway, the northern relief road to Junction 60 of the A1M and Junction 58 made both directions.

And that's before the money that the town centre has been promised and the railway improvements for the 2025 celebrations.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Well Boris and the Tories promised a lot of things to the North so it needs to deliver them.

For instance Darlington will be getting the A66 improved to Dual carriageway, the northern relief road to Junction 60 of the A1M and Junction 58 made both directions.

And that's before the money that the town centre has been promised and the railway improvements for the 2025 celebrations.
        HS2 dead? Heathrow expansion dead? These regional transport projects don't come cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          HS2 dead? Heathrow expansion dead? These regional transport projects don't come cheap...
          What does heathrow expansion actually give most people? I can leave home at 5:30 to catch the 6:20 flight and be in most of europe via Schipol by midday (11am UK time). Why would I fly via heathrow it's a dump of an airport.

Comment

Guess who pays?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I can leave home at 5:30 to catch the 6:20 flight .
              No you can't
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Guess who pays?
                Well it certainly won't be the car manufacturers, because they won't be making much money.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Well it certainly won't be the car manufacturers, because they won't be making much money.

It certainly won't be Amazon and Facebook and Google because now Boris has to lick Trump's balls.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

No you can't
                    Um, yes I can and I have done for the past 3 years - Teesside airport is 15 minutes or a £10 taxi from home and I can get through security in 5 minutes as I'm usually the highest priority person (for KLM) on the flight.

Comment

IDGI can someone explain, about switching from dividends to income tax, is it to make us pay more tax overall? Or is it just to make it a level playing field?

The way I see it if I get paid the same as a permie I'll just be a permie with cake on my birthday and just breeze through doing almost no work maxing out my flexitime and taking a week off whenever I get the sniffles.

Otherwise, if I earn more than a permie, I don't really care if it's dividends, income tax, or gold bullion. If I earn more but not enough then my rates will go up, because contractors will always be needed. I hope.

Tbh I expect that the system will just adapt, much like having to sign an SoW and now agents all pay qdos to make their contracts for them. I'm sure there will be other similar changes to make it compliant with being outside IR35 so it's moot if it stays anyway, just in the short term there's disruption while companies faff around.

So what am I missing

Comment

Working...
                      X