• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrdavies
    Are you thinking of the LIAG? (Land Information Assurance Group) Couple of mates used to be in this. I considered it but couldn't be arsed in the end.
    Aye is was either that or something with a very, very similar name.

Comment

Getting a bit confused by this - I have SC clearance, but finished my last SC contract in August last year. When I checked, I was told my SC clearance wouldn't expire until 2011. Have I missed something here Mal?
      Plan A is located just about here.
      If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        They are on standby to call out to anywhere in the world (all TA mobilisations are still voluntary) but you could get your SC through that.
        Not quite, if you are needed they will call you up like it or not, I have a few freinds in the TA who do signals and because there was a shortage of signallers when president Bliar deciced to invade Iraq they were called up with a nice letter telling them they would be arrested and thrown in jail if they didn't appear....

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          Aye is was either that or something with a very, very similar name.
          There's a new unit forming which will work in the same manner as LIAG but it is not a security unit. It's for PM's and the like. Can't remember what it's called but it may be on the Army Rumour Service forum...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey
            Getting a bit confused by this - I have SC clearance, but finished my last SC contract in August last year. When I checked, I was told my SC clearance wouldn't expire until 2011. Have I missed something here Mal?

You need to have it transferred within a year! After that back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Not quite, if you are needed they will call you up like it or not, I have a few freinds in the TA who do signals and because there was a shortage of signallers when president Bliar deciced to invade Iraq they were called up with a nice letter telling them they would be arrested and thrown in jail if they didn't appear....
              Since 2005 all TA mobilisations have been voluntary so called "intelligent mobilisation"

Comment

Working...
              X