• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ipod is permanently plugged into my car stereo so battery life isn't an issue, I can see why this may be a bit of a drawback with a mobile phone though.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      And I presume, like the iPod, when the battery runs out you have to throw it away!
      No - you send the phone back to Apple and they will replace it for you in a couple of days
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Two guys in the gym yesterday

Young bloke "Have you seen the new iPhone, I reckon everyone will have one"

Older bloke "It's a bit expensive isn't it? You have to pay >£200 for it then tie in to a crap contract for >£300 a year, sin't that a bit expensive for an iPod with a phone?"

Young bloke "Yeah but everyone wants one and it will out sell the iPod I reckon"

Old bloke "it costs alomost as much as a mac!"

Young bloke "Yeah but it's the best phone on the market and the screen tilts"

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Funny, but with all this hype, I have never actually seen anyone with one....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Funny, but with all this hype, I have never actually seen anyone with one....
            They're like illegal immigrants. The media hype says they're everywhere but no ones actually seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              They're like illegal immigrants. The media hype says they're everywhere but no ones actually seen one.
              Oh no, I have seen millions of those, do they all have iPhones then?
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                No - you send the phone back to Apple and they will replace it for you in a couple of days
                No, you go down to Maplin and get one of these for £18...
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Had a play with one yesterday for about 15 mins and was completely underwhelmed. It's too big and heavy for a phone and still too small to browse the web properly. Has some 'clever' features that amuse for about 5 mins.

This will go down with all those iPACs that people bought to double up as phones which they then got rid of because they were too bulky and battery hungry to be of practical use.

Will be popular with the homo/metrosexual community who can carry them around in their manbags and whip them out in Starbucks over a frappucino.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Got my iPhone a few days ago by the way, and am very pleased with it.

A word of warning though, make sure the call has actually ended when you tap 'End Call' before calling the recruitment consultant a moron...

Me: <taps end call>... You already have my latest CV, moron!
                    Him: Er, ok, cheers then.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                      Got my iPhone a few days ago by the way, and am very pleased with it.

A word of warning though, make sure the call has actually ended when you tap 'End Call' before calling the recruitment consultant a moron...

Me: <taps end call>... You already have my latest CV, moron!
                      Him: Er, ok, cheers then.

HAHAHA...an OOPS moment indeed...

Comment

Working...
                      X