• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear
    What it looks like isn't a reason to buy it. (said after a year of owning a Nokia 8800 which looks great but has a battery life of exactly half a phone call )

Wait 'til the reviews are out
    It took Apple five generations of iPod to get it reasonably right. And I still wouldn't buy either.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

And I presume, like the iPod, when the battery runs out you have to throw it away!
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
        And I presume, like the iPod, when the battery runs out you have to throw it away!
        If you're throwing your iPod away just because the battery's dead, you're throwing good money away. Replacement batteries cost £20 from Maplins including the tools to get the iPod open - http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...48055&doy=10m1
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
          I've currently watching Steve Jobs's iPhone keynote speak.

Simply stunning!
          Can't see the point really. Seems to be a snazzy desgned gadget for those with more money than sense.

Now if he had provided a phone which picked up my wireless network or any other free wireless hotpoint to make VOIP calls and my existing mobile account for when there is no wireless I might be interested. Further if it could pick up media from my server to stream pictures again it would be useful but the current IPhone offers me nothing. Certainly not for the kind of money they want for it.

Comment

to be honest i enjoy being a technological luddite. i don't care for hi fi wi fi whatever. i could care less about mac v micro. i have no agenda with regards to technology blah blah. i held off mp3 for a long time. blimey, i held off a walkman cd player until they were dead. i like a phone to be a phone not a thing thing etc. still, i gotta say, i love my ipod. have my entire cd music collection sitting waiting to be called on at any time. it is robust and portable. films, photos, preesentations etc. - all there in my pocket. perfect. it doesn't have to be apple - any of the others would have been fine i'm sure - but i am glad i switched from cd to mp3. all the cd's are in the loft now.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
              to be honest i enjoy being a technological luddite. i don't care for hi fi wi fi whatever. i could care less about mac v micro. i have no agenda with regards to technology blah blah. i held off mp3 for a long time. blimey, i held off a walkman cd player until they were dead. i like a phone to be a phone not a thing thing etc. still, i gotta say, i love my ipod. have my entire cd music collection sitting waiting to be called on at any time. it is robust and portable. films, photos, preesentations etc. - all there in my pocket. perfect. it doesn't have to be apple - any of the others would have been fine i'm sure - but i am glad i switched from cd to mp3. all the cd's are in the loft now.
              and you clearly don't care fot the SHIFT, CAPS LOCK or ENTER keys on your keyboard either.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                and you clearly don't care fot the SHIFT, CAPS LOCK or ENTER keys on your keyboard either.
                that's right. trying to give them up.

Comment

the iphoone looks cool. but it also looks like a useless piece of junk. must be something to do with marketing. or something.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                    Now if he had provided a phone which picked up my wireless network or any other free wireless hotpoint to make VOIP calls and my existing mobile account for when there is no wireless I might be interested. Further if it could pick up media from my server to stream pictures again it would be useful but the current IPhone offers me nothing. Certainly not for the kind of money they want for it.
                    Orange M3100, has a wireless NIC and will detect any available wireless network and try to connect for some skype goodness.

The only roblem is that the wifi card in it really sucks down battery power. On standard use I can get 4-5 days out of it but i'll only get about a day if I have wifi tuned on. That being said it's a standard mini USB cable to connect it your laptop/desktop to charge it up so it's not really a huge inconveniance.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                      but i am glad i switched from cd to mp3. all the cd's are in the loft now.

I hope you meant to write FLAC rather than crappy MP3 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X