• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iPhone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iPhone"

Collapse

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Has anyone seen the MicroSoft ZunePhone?

Advert here.
    Quality

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The ZunePhone comes with a warning "Not suitable for closet homos."

So sadly you'll have to stick to Apples proprietary locked-in hardware.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Has anyone seen the MicroSoft ZunePhone?

Advert here.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Got my iPhone a few days ago by the way, and am very pleased with it.

A word of warning though, make sure the call has actually ended when you tap 'End Call' before calling the recruitment consultant a moron...

Me: <taps end call>... You already have my latest CV, moron!
    Him: Er, ok, cheers then.

HAHAHA...an OOPS moment indeed...

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Got my iPhone a few days ago by the way, and am very pleased with it.

A word of warning though, make sure the call has actually ended when you tap 'End Call' before calling the recruitment consultant a moron...

Me: <taps end call>... You already have my latest CV, moron!
    Him: Er, ok, cheers then.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Had a play with one yesterday for about 15 mins and was completely underwhelmed. It's too big and heavy for a phone and still too small to browse the web properly. Has some 'clever' features that amuse for about 5 mins.

This will go down with all those iPACs that people bought to double up as phones which they then got rid of because they were too bulky and battery hungry to be of practical use.

Will be popular with the homo/metrosexual community who can carry them around in their manbags and whip them out in Starbucks over a frappucino.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No - you send the phone back to Apple and they will replace it for you in a couple of days
    No, you go down to Maplin and get one of these for £18...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    They're like illegal immigrants. The media hype says they're everywhere but no ones actually seen one.
    Oh no, I have seen millions of those, do they all have iPhones then?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Funny, but with all this hype, I have never actually seen anyone with one....
    They're like illegal immigrants. The media hype says they're everywhere but no ones actually seen one.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Funny, but with all this hype, I have never actually seen anyone with one....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Two guys in the gym yesterday

Young bloke "Have you seen the new iPhone, I reckon everyone will have one"

Older bloke "It's a bit expensive isn't it? You have to pay >£200 for it then tie in to a crap contract for >£300 a year, sin't that a bit expensive for an iPod with a phone?"

Young bloke "Yeah but everyone wants one and it will out sell the iPod I reckon"

Old bloke "it costs alomost as much as a mac!"

Young bloke "Yeah but it's the best phone on the market and the screen tilts"

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And I presume, like the iPod, when the battery runs out you have to throw it away!
    No - you send the phone back to Apple and they will replace it for you in a couple of days

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My ipod is permanently plugged into my car stereo so battery life isn't an issue, I can see why this may be a bit of a drawback with a mobile phone though.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "And I presume, like the iPod, when the battery runs out you have to throw it away!"

Why would you do that? I had an old creative labs MP3 player which when the battery went completely dead would fail to take any charge in the player. So I jump started it using an old Nokia charger with the end cut off. Simply touch the terminals with the bare wires for a couple of seconds and it puts enough juice in the battery for the player to recognise it again.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    MP3 is lossy compression, FLAC isn't - in other words, using FLAC you still have the exact data that is on the CD.
    Another Apple "Open Standard" that will be then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X