• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'If Korea can have a military parade, why can't we?'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    We can't have a military parade, we've laid off most of our military. It would be embarrassing
    these statistics about the navy are interesting -

The Royal Navy - Size and Strength Over Time in Visuals

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Do you not think the Trooping of the Colour is somewhat different in size and scale? It is a demonstration of tradition not of military power, as evidenced by the lack of heavy military hardware.
      Might that be because the only military hardware Grenadier Guards are allowed is an SA80 rifle.....

Comment

Originally posted by MEMEME69 View Post
        Might that be because the only military hardware Grenadier Guards are allowed is an SA80 rifle.....
        Yes. A different beast from a Russian, NK or French military parade.

Comment

The problem with America having a military parade is that it would take forever, given the number of 2nd Amendment Military with their private collections of assault rifles.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Italy hung ia leader from a lamp post. Why can't the USA?
            My late father was there. He had a small b&w photo of Musso and his lover hanging upside down, but it's gotten lost over the decades since I moved from SA. Probably worth a bit to the War Historians.

Quick exit...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

....a fine speech by President Trump

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington
              Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do,
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

WTF

Comment

....apparently the rain ran over the teleprompter so he "spoke off the cuff"

fine words
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

'If Korea can have a military parade, why can't we?'

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X