• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official EU results thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I don't understand ...
    We know. Thankfully you've got Ziggy to explain things for you.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Or maybe they decided the EU is undemocratic is abstained....

A bit like Jimmy's chart, where parties such as Labour are left off. I wonder why?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        A bit like Jimmy's chart, where parties such as Labour are left off. I wonder why?
        Labour should not be on there. But Conservative should not be there.

Conservative have now missed 2 chances to leave. 31st Match and 14th April.

Where is Nelson Mandela when you need him. The UK needs a campaign where anything goes. As long as civilian casualties are minimized. Nelson did that and ended up a hero......

Comment

Conservative have now missed 2 chances to leave. 31st Match and 14th April.
          How do you work that out? The Withdrawal Agreement has been presented to Parliament by the Conservatives, and voted against mainly by the ERG, Labour, and SNP.

If the WA had been ratified by them you would be out now.

Comment

Or maybe they decided the EU is undemocratic is abstained....
            Or perhaps decided that why vote for someone who will not be able to represent me after we leave (currently October 31st) because they will be out of a job. They and the EU elections (in the UK at least) were irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              How do you work that out? The Withdrawal Agreement has been presented to Parliament by the Conservatives, and voted against mainly by the ERG, Labour, and SNP.

If the WA had been ratified by them you would be out now.
              Sorry. You are right. Its the fault of the EU for granting extensions.

The UK must IMMEDIATELY leave with no deal or stay. Anything else drags down the UK and the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Or perhaps decided that why vote for someone who will not be able to represent me after we leave (currently October 31st) because they will be out of a job. They and the EU elections (in the UK at least) were irrelevant.
                UK parliament is unrepresentative. The UK voted to leave the EU. Why is it that difficult. UK leaves with no deal.

FFS its easy!

Comment

Sorry. You are right. Its the fault of the EU for granting extensions.

The UK must IMMEDIATELY leave with no deal or stay. Anything else drags down the UK and the EU.
                  Again, how do you work that out? It is entirely within the remit of the U.K. Parliament to approve the Withdrawal Agreement, and then you are out of the EU with a two year transition period to sort out the future relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Weeeeeeee!

There is a problem with the arithmetic here.

Firstly Labour are not in the list, secondly the not all Conservative voters are Leave, in fact 28% of Tory voters who stuck with their party on Thursday want to remain. 67% of Labour voters want to remain.

My Euro-election post-vote poll: most Tory switchers say they will stay with their new party - Lord Ashcroft Polls

So lets correct the arithmetic:

Remain 9 million 53%
                    Leave 8 million 47%

As for no deal only two thirds of the Brexit party voters want no deal, and only a small number of Conservative voters.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

UK parliament is unrepresentative. The UK voted to leave the EU. Why is it that difficult. UK leaves with no deal.

FFS its easy!
                      Agreed, The problem was that we had a remainer in charge of the negotiations who the EU knew had no spine for No deal. We should have left by now. A Labour party headed by JC would be worse that May. I have sapling trees with less bend in the wind that him.

Comment

Working...
                      X