• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official EU results thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Please provide the quote where I said "a hard brexit had NO solution to the Irish border."

Please provide evidence that I have changed my mind. I've even quoted myself, since you are well known for not understanding how to quote people (did you ever check your personal transcript of what Andrew Marr said compared to the reality of what he actually said?)

So you've changed your mind, eh? You want there to be an agreement that will satisfy the UK's desire to leave the EU and the related requirements around borders - something that 17.4 million people in the UK voted for, but while you voted for it, you're wanting someone else to come up with ideas.
    You said it yourself in post #111

If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, ...
    You are implying that one must lead to the other. I cannot provide a solution to the Irish border. In doing so I would have to get agreement with the EU and UK that it is acceptable. I am simply not in a position to do that, although you seem to think that YOU are by dictating a hard brexit means a no solution to the border.

ON any and every border that exists between two trading nations (or entities) BOTH sides of that border must come to an agreement as to what works and what doesn't, what tariffs exist and what is tariff free. There are 2 sides on the Irish border, the UK (parliament) and the EU. Both of these two trading entities must agree on what the Irish border will look like in the future. Only these two entities can provide that solution. For anyone else to claim they can suggest otherwise is spouting b*ll*cks, and that includes claims that a hard brexit will lead to no border solution.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So you do accept the 2016 result then.

However I believe Westminster has stopped Brexit. ~500 MPs voted to trigger A50. 29th March the UK should have left.

For that reason, I now trust Brussels rather than Westminster.
      It's the Brexiteers who have scuppered Brexit, they voted down May's deal.

The Brexiteers have screwed up Brexit and are now trying to pass the blame. That's why in the end it will fail, not because of remoaners, but because of their own incompetence and intra-factional fighting.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The solution is that the UK will not enforce a border. What is wrong with that?
        Kind of my point. But will the EU enforce a border? Who's the bad guy then? there are 2 sides to the border

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          You said it yourself in post #111
          You are implying that one must lead to the other.
          So you immediately change your tune from "You said it" to "You are implying"

I neither said it nor implied it.

If you support a hard Brexit, with a solution to the Irish border, that's something.
          If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, that's something else.

Do you spot the difference?

I cannot provide a solution to the Irish border. In doing so I would have to get agreement with the EU and UK that it is acceptable.
          You can't provide a suggestion even? Not an inkling from that massive brain of yours? You don't need to have an agreement to come up with a solution. In most grown up discussions, several solutions get proposed and then one is chosen, or several are combined into one, based on agreement that it is the preferred solution.

you seem to think that YOU are by dictating a hard brexit means a no solution to the border.
          Again, repeating a lie does not make it true. Stop repeating the lie.

ON any and every border that exists between two trading nations (or entities) BOTH sides of that border must come to an agreement as to what works and what doesn't, what tariffs exist and what is tariff free.
          Correct. From the time of the Belfast Agreement until Brexit, an agreement has been in place. Following the Brexit referendum, there is an uncertainty about what the UK's decision to leave the EU means, and since it is the UK's decision, part of the expectation would be that the UK would come up with suggestions, or are you happy for the EU to dictate to the UK what it should do?

There are 2 sides on the Irish border, the UK (parliament) and the EU.
          Incorrect. The two sides are the UK and Ireland. Not the UK and EU.

Only these two entities can provide that solution. For anyone else to claim they can suggest otherwise is spouting b*ll*cks,
          Anyone can provide a solution. Whether that solution is viable is a different question. To be unable to event contemplate thinking about a solution shows your true colours.

and that includes claims that a hard brexit will lead to no border solution.
          Again with your repeating of lies.

Stop making up lies.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The solution is that the UK will not enforce a border. What is wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing, in my eyes.

Freedom of movement of people, goods and services continues.

Comment

So you immediately change your tune from "You said it" to "You are implying"

I neither said it nor implied it.

If you support a hard Brexit, with a solution to the Irish border, that's something.
              If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, that's something else.

Do you spot the difference?

You can't provide a suggestion even? Not an inkling from that massive brain of yours? You don't need to have an agreement to come up with a solution. In most grown up discussions, several solutions get proposed and then one is chosen, or several are combined into one, based on agreement that it is the preferred solution.

Again, repeating a lie does not make it true. Stop repeating the lie.

Correct. From the time of the Belfast Agreement until Brexit, an agreement has been in place. Following the Brexit referendum, there is an uncertainty about what the UK's decision to leave the EU means, and since it is the UK's decision, part of the expectation would be that the UK would come up with suggestions, or are you happy for the EU to dictate to the UK what it should do?

Incorrect. The two sides are the UK and Ireland. Not the UK and EU.

Anyone can provide a solution. Whether that solution is viable is a different question. To be unable to event contemplate thinking about a solution shows your true colours.

Again with your repeating of lies.

Stop making up lies.
              To call Yorkie a liar is to imply that his falsehoods are deliberate. It's at least as likely that his cognitive abilities are too weak to establish in his mind what is true and what is false.

Comment

Absolutely nothing, in my eyes.

Freedom of movement of people, goods and services continues.
                So the EU will be happy with a flood of chlorinated chickens flowing over the Irish border and into the EU. I expected the rest of the world to be queuing up to have a trade deal with the UK given the open border between the UK and the EU post Brexit.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  To call Yorkie a liar is to imply that his falsehoods are deliberate. It's at least as likely that his cognitive abilities are too weak to establish in his mind what is true and what is false.
                  Another well thought out contribution from our anti-Semitic turd across the water.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Another well thought out contribution from our anti-Semitic turd across the water.
                    Like so many unimaginative idiots, you seem to believe that other people must be like you.

Perhaps a few days in your safe space might help you.

Comment

So the EU will be happy with a flood of chlorinated chickens flowing over the Irish border and into the EU. I expected the rest of the world to be queuing up to have a trade deal with the UK given the open border between the UK and the EU post Brexit.
                      You expected the rest of the world would be queuing up to have trade deals with the UK anyway.

Several countries already have trade deals in place with the EU:
                      Negotiations and agreements - Trade - European Commission

Comment

Working...
                      X