• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Coloured' not PC anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You are an evangelical Christian?
    Yes. But not a creationist, if that's what you're implying. And ID is a form of creationism.

Back in 2008, the NAACP said:

“The term ‘colored’ is not derogatory,... They (the NAACP) chose the word ‘colored’ because it was the most positive description commonly used at that time. It’s outdated and antiquated but not offensive.”

As I am in a mixed race family I find the whole concept of such labelling odd. The idiot claim that all white people are racist - how does that work for mixed race? Do they have to beat themselves up? Or must they be half ashamed? Does the white count as half-privileged? For my grandson - will he be quarter-privileged? Are they automatically coloured, or black, or whatever term people prefer to use? Is it the degree of whiteness that matters? That begins to sound like the racist policies of Apartheid, or the Southern States of not that long ago. Is that where PC is heading?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Martin Luther King was a member of the NAACP, The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

This is the NAACP now...

NAACP links earthquake signs in Oregon to white supremacy

Don't be afraid to stand up to this bulltulip.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I'm pretty sure it was only a few years back when we were being told by influential community voices that coloured was exactly the term they wanted to be referred to by.

Not that I ever did mind, as I viewed it an Americanism that would sound false coming out of my plummy lips.

If I go and live in America I will still be an English Man. An African is an African and I will refer to her so where ever she lives so if that offends then so be it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Homo Sapiens" is a term that I did not think you would use.

you never heard of 'intelligent design'?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I have shed my whitness and will now only be referred to as a person of light.

If you refer to me as white i will report you to the police.

This policy can and may be changed in future.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "Homo Sapiens" is a term that I did not think you would use.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh KUATB. It was deemed racist when Benedict Cumberbatch used it in 2015.

The whole colour/race thing is stupid anyway. There's only one race of humans. Homo Sapiens. Amber Rudd, however, is definitely colourless.
    You are an evangelical Christian?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Bring back the good ol' days when all PCs were beige....
    Mushroom.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    'Coloured' not PC anymore
    Bring back the good ol' days when all PCs were beige....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    'cos they'll go running to mama cojak and have you banned?

we can hope!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X