• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

e-Residency for estonia (ability to work in EU post no-deal Brexit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How are us uneducated Brits supposed to help your highly intellectual self answer this exactly?
    I don't consider UK people are uneducated, may be not sufficiently aware of what's going on across the world. I don't blame that to people, it is mostly establishment's media houses. I have found if right information given most of UK people are highly appreciated to my home country. My English colleague wants to swap his position with myself Well, in respect to current education system post 80s yes UK education system is not producing enough Engineers on international standard and that is not my opinion, that is global opinion.
    Last edited by molsang; 5 February 2019, 14:57.

Comment

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        This thread is the gift that keeps on giving...
        Just like Haemorrhoids.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Spread the Word. Only, Choose the Right One.

Originally posted by molsang View Post
          My English colleague wants to swap his position with myself .
          When you go back to India I hope you will help spread good English to all your fellow citizens. Myself is a reflexive pronoun. It reflects I as the subject. You can say I want to swap my position with myself but if you are not the subject then you must say My English colleague wants to swap his position with me. Good luck.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            When you go back to India I hope you will help spread good English to all your fellow citizens. Myself is a reflexive pronoun. It reflects I as the subject. You can say I want to swap my position with myself but if you are not the subject then you must say My English colleague wants to swap his position with me. Good luck.
            Myself is also an emphatic pronoun. The usage above is incorrect in British English, but is probably acceptable in spoken Hibernian English and is possibly also correct in Indian English.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Myself is also an emphatic pronoun. The usage above is incorrect in British English, but is probably acceptable in spoken Hibernian English and is possibly also correct in Indian English.
              I still have trouble with people that say "I'm after going to the shop".

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                I take your observation sportingly. I did not go to English Medium school, I went to state aided free school in India and I still found my skills in Math is far better than 99% of UK populace which probably helped me to do so well here financially. I admit my English is not good enough which my "MA in English" Wifey often points out but I am not bothered as it is good enough to do well in IT consulting work.

Thanks for your correction anyway

And that is the reason I am going back, I want my son to become stronger than me in Math. He was qualified in two Grammar schools, went to private school in South London for past six years and still we took him back to India in last December. He studied Indian math/science books all these years he is in England and he will survive and do well in the tough competition in India.
                Last edited by molsang; 5 February 2019, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  I still have trouble with people that say "I'm after going to the shop, so I am".
                  FTFY

YG2 has an Irish accent now. YG1 still has her English accent but is picking up local phraseology. I heard her the other day describing a screwdriver set as 'fierce handy' in her BBC accent. Made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
                    I take your observation sportingly. I did not go to English Medium school, I went to state aided free school in India and I still found my skills in Math is far better than 99% of UK populace which probably helped me to do so well here financially. I admit my English is not good enough which my "MA in English" Wifey often points out but I am not bothered as it is good enough to do well in IT consulting work.
                    What a complete
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      What a complete
                      Okay I reduce it to 95% if not 99% lol

Comment

Working...
                      X