• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

e-Residency for estonia (ability to work in EU post no-deal Brexit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I found more info. This is an useful way to do a remote contract with an EU company...

Benefits and limitations of e-residency
    ----------------------------------------------
    E-residents will have their financial footprint monitored digitally, in a manner stated to be transparent; the reaction to the widespread financial misbehaviour at high level revealed by the Panama Papers leak was suggested to be a factor helping the more transparent Estonian initiative according to Korjus. E-residency itself does not have an effect on income taxation — neither does it establish an income tax liability in Estonia nor does it relieve from income taxation in the resident's home country.[5]

E-residency allows company registration, document signing, encrypted-document exchange, online banking, tax declaration, and fulfilment of medical prescriptions. Other services become available as the scheme is expanded.[6] A digital ID smart card issued by the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board in Estonia or at an embassy is used for access to services.[7]

Korjus said that registering an Estonian business was "useful for internet entrepreneurs in emerging markets who don’t have access to an online payment provider", and for startups from countries such as Ukraine or Belarus which suffer financial limitations from their governments.[5]

E-residency is not related to citizenship and does not give the right to physically enter or reside in Estonia.[7]

Comment

E-residency in Estonia is same thing as in this country: anybody can register an Ltd for 30 quid, that means exactly jack tulip insofar residence is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
        Well I found more info. This is an useful way to do a remote contract with an EU company...

Well hoorah, now you have an Estonian-registered company. Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          He thinks the UK is poorly skilled... wait till he lands there. He's gonna have a field day.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

yeah I know that but I don't want to do it as I am not in that state of career. I am not desperate, just wondering whether any easy way to get ability to work in EU for naturalized UK citizens?
            You will have the right to live and work in Ireland. After 5 years you can apply for Irish citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              You will have the right to live and work in Ireland. After 5 years you can apply for Irish citizenship.
              How? I have neither worked nor lived in Ireland ever. Do you mean i have to live and work in Ireland for 5 years to get an EU citizenship? No, if I want to take that option I will take a full-time permanent job in Scandinavian countries (my favorite place in Europe) and will become an EU citizen eventually. My Plan A is return to India, I am already naturalised UK citizen, my plan B is to do contract in EU (short to mid term) while based in India. I will not return to UK after 31st Mar to live, may be for work only for contract period.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                I do not plan for Estonian e-residency currently. In future if I get a remote contract (while physically based in India) and if client agrees to bill via an Estonian registered company I might choose that option.

I know two guys who are naturalized UK citizen and returned to India for children education and doing remote contract...

Comment

How? I have neither worked nor lived in Ireland ever. Do you mean i have to live and work in Ireland for 5 years to get an EU citizenship? No, if I want to take that option I will take a full-time permanent job in Scandinavian countries (my favorite place in Europe) and will become an EU citizen eventually. My Plan A is return to India, I am already naturalised UK citizen, my plan B is to do contract in EU (short to mid term) while based in India. I will not return to UK after 31st Mar to live, may be for work only for contract period.
                  You asked how you can work in the EU. Ireland is in the EU. As a British citizen, you have the right to live and work in Ireland without a visa.

After 5 years you can get Irish citizenship and then live and work in any EEA country, but that part of the plan won't work if you are based in India.

Comment

How are us uneducated Brits supposed to help your highly intellectual self answer this exactly?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      How are us uneducated Brits supposed to help your highly intellectual self answer this exactly?
                      Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

Working...
                      X