• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    +1
    PM me for a discount code

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Or see my signature

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Or see my signature
        I don't contract in the UK these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Or see my signature
          Oh I see now. Nothing is happening on IPSE. Its just a cunning recruitment ploy.......

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Oh I see now. Nothing is happening on IPSE. Its just a cunning recruitment ploy.......
            Damn... You spotted it...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Brexit all over again: The UKIPSE Party

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              will weaken their position with HMG significantly.
              HMG: Contractors are just like employees. You've got to pay PAYE and NI.
              IPSE: The UK needs us more than we need the UK
              HMG: Use this tool - it will confirm you are like an employee, not like a business.
              IPSE: Don't bully us. We won't pay our CT if you try that.
              HMG: Yeh, whatever.
              HMG: Contractors are just like employees. You've got to pay PAYE and etc

...rinse and repeat...
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                HMG: Contractors are just like employees. You've got to pay PAYE and NI.
                IPSE: The UK needs us more than we need the UK
                HMG: Use this tool - it will confirm you are like an employee, not like a business.
                IPSE: Don't bully us. We won't pay our CT if you try that.
                HMG: Yeh, whatever.
                HMG: Contractors are just like employees. You've got to pay PAYE and etc

...rinse and repeat...
                Yeah, whatever. Would you prefer that nobody makes the case for our side?

Have you tried lobbying your MP, for example? Their level of ignorance about the whole arena of contracting vs false employment vs HMRC's outright lying is appalling. One reason nobody is getting anywhere is because HMG doesn't know there's a problem to solve; they are still thinking in terms of chaps with top hats owning factories.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah, whatever. Would you prefer that nobody makes the case for our side?

Have you tried lobbying your MP, for example? Their level of ignorance about the whole arena of contracting vs false employment vs HMRC's outright lying is appalling. One reason nobody is getting anywhere is because HMG doesn't know there's a problem to solve; they are still thinking in terms of chaps with top hats owning factories.
                  I've not been following the UK contractor tax scene very closely recently. Did IPSE take a position in the dodgy scheme folks? If so, hopefully they made sure to sharply differentiate them from honest contractors using the approximate approach of 11k p.a. salary, divis and CT, with or without pension.

Comment

Their level of ignorance about the whole arena of contracting vs false employment vs HMRC's outright lying is appalling.
                    Thus should be in Brexit (aka Miscellaneous Self-delusion).

HMRC seem to me to talk 100% sense. It's not complex. It's pay income taxes if you are a contractor. All this we're not employees is just so puerile.

If you watch Narcos on Neflix you'll notice the drug barons proudly call themselves 'bandits'. They don't try and persuade the forces of law and order that cocaine is really talcum powder. With PCG you could be proud you were running rings around HMRC. All this It isn't fair - we're the modern day equivalents of Robin Hood is so blatantly cock-and-bull.

(The good thing about Brexit is we all now know the figures: approximately 50% of contractors will know they are evading tax whereas 50% will think they really are little IBMs or that it's HMRC's job to fund their holdays, sickness, pensions etc)
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I've not been following the UK contractor tax scene very closely recently. Did IPSE take a position in the dodgy scheme folks? If so, hopefully they made sure to sharply differentiate them from honest contractors using the approximate approach of 11k p.a. salary, divis and CT, with or without pension.
                      That's a whole other discussion.

Given that both groups were looking to avoid IR35, clearly there were very few PCG members using the schemes: from memory it was double figures only. When HMRC started that particular war, PCG weren't really involved since, obviously, their first concern was for their own members. They thought it better to leave the complex issues around the schemes to far more qualified people like webberg and support where necessary. Which, as far as I know from the outside, is what they've been doing.

I also wonder if the schemes issue was actually a distraction from their own focussed negotiations and lobbying around the roles of contractors in the economy, so keeping out of the way was a sensible move.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X