• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, Shocked I tell you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    as that was the completely unsupported assertion based on fewer being in prison, which I challenged with facts. I'm sure you believe that as its obviously bollox.

Do feel free to try to make a reasoned argument. It might be amusing.

Darmy did try but failed.
    Let the congregation decide, eh?
    I would be embarrased if I were you. But I suppose since you're as dense as a block of wood, you don't even know why.

All these graduates coming over, committing crime

Thanks for the laugh.
    Last edited by sasguru; 19 August 2018, 16:22.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Let the congregation decide, eh?
      I would be embarrased if I were you. But I suppose since you're as dense as a block of wood, you don't even know why.

All these graduates coming over, committing crime

Thanks for the laugh.
      I hope no one pays you for bashing together two disjointed sets and reaching the wrong conclusion, if that is the level of your expertise its scary if you do anything more advanced than sort marbles.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I did with colours, sorry you are having problems.

Point out exactly where it says that the crime did not involve someone living abroad.
        The headline, one would expect there to some clear facts in the article but there ain't, continue on your wild and woolly way

Ministers launch blitz on Brits who claim benefits while living abroad after 10,000 were sanctioned last year
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I did with colours, sorry you are having problems.

Point out exactly where it says that the crime did not involve someone living abroad.
          This is typical vetran behaviour. When cornered, refer to the original article but refuse to quote any of it that supports his argument.

I'd say he's got the analytic ability of my cat (who is as thick as mince), but it would be unfair. He hasn't got the analytic ability of my cat.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            This is typical vetran behaviour. When cornered, refer to the original article but refuse to quote any of it that supports his argument.

I'd say he's got the analytic ability of my cat (who is as thick as mince), but it would be unfair. He hasn't got the analytic ability of my cat.
            I'm not refusing to quote, I am not quite sure how I can get down to You & Darmys level having highlighted the bits in pink & size 10 font in my earlier post, I quoted the two examples in the story and explained where the investigating abroad occurred.

I suppose you & Darmy are confused about a journalist using the largest number for sensationalism?
            Its obvious that they didn't prosecute 10,000 people living abroad, I read it as the number prosecuted overall had gone up because they had now started looking whether people who were claiming benefits were living or frequently travelling abroad.

I am assuming they were checking passenger manifests and foreign transactions on people who wouldn't be able (physically or monetarily) to travel abroad. Very sensible in my opinion.

So what precisely don't you understand? Do please explain carefully because you are making no sense presently.

Comment

Ah, you're so cute when you're trying to be rational.

For the record, I don't think you're Keithy.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                The headline, one would expect there to some clear facts in the article but there ain't, continue on your wild and woolly way
                and in the first few lines expands on the headline, I will highlight in red as usuaul!

Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey has warned benefit cheats overseas that international anti-fraud teams were coming for them
                About 5,000 fraudsters were convicted last year and others given penalties
                The blitz by DWP recovered a record £1.1billion at home and abroad
                Here is the Sun with the names & more detail, not seen it in the Granuaid yet!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/704802...ts-caught-out/

and from the government

https://assets.publishing.service.go...tax-system.pdf

Comment

and in the first few lines expands on the headline, I will highlight in red as usuaul!

and from the government

Yeah - you keep fighting.

Comment

I'm not refusing to quote, I am not quite sure how I can get down to You & Darmys level having highlighted the bits in pink & size 10 font in my earlier post, I quoted the two examples in the story and explained where the investigating abroad occurred.

I suppose you & Darmy are confused about a journalist using the largest number for sensationalism?
                    Its obvious that they didn't prosecute 10,000 people living abroad, I read it as the number prosecuted overall had gone up because they had now started looking whether people who were claiming benefits were living or frequently travelling abroad.

I am assuming they were checking passenger manifests and foreign transactions on people who wouldn't be able (physically or monetarily) to travel abroad. Very sensible in my opinion.

So what precisely don't you understand? Do please explain carefully because you are making no sense presently.
                    I so love reading your ever more desperate posts, struggling to prove your point when the evidence is so overwhelmingly against you. It's quite entertaining watching you clutching at more and more straws. Buggered if I can work out what you'll do though once single use, plastic straws are banned .... you'll have nothing left to clutch
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

and from the government

Still haven't answered have you, where are the facts n the article pertaining to the headline?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X