• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail By Court Of Appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You seem to not quite understand that opponents of the new right and indeed scorners of the Daily Mail are not necessarily Islington left-wingers or libtards. Even though this how the more extreme right wingers categorise anyone who disagrees with their foetid views.

Plenty of us have been Tory voters all our lives and not only loath the DM, far-righters etc., but also loath trendy lefties, Momentum and Blairites. I loath them because they don't give a toss about anyone outside their own sector, while claiming to represent the people. Motivated by hate and self-interest, the lot of 'em.

HTH.
    Those that stifle debate so as not to cause offence and have no wish to correct obvious failings to obey the law of the land in certain cultures are quite reasonably presented as extreme left.

If discussing such things and wanting to see the courts used for justice not vindictiveness is EXTREME RIGHT (we don't even have to start the Hitler Youth or build gas chambers to be considered thus ) then locking people up for what they think and denying concerns despite evidence that is something Stalin & Chairman Mao would be proud! So yes its extreme left. Sorry if you can't see the truth.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Define "lefty Islington" because I think you'll find many Tories in that group as well. A bit like Trump and his alliance with the "Klu Klux Clan" just because you disagree with the Klu Klux clan doesn't necessarily mean you are a "lefty". In fact there are right wing political pressure groups railing against Trump and his nationalism. The difference between Majid Nawaz and Tommy Robinson is that Majid is conducting a grown up debate where as Tommy is looking for a punch up.
      FFS man! It's the "Ku Klux Klan" and it's "fascist"!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Those that stifle debate so as not to cause offence and have no wish to correct obvious failings to obey the law of the land in certain cultures are quite reasonably presented as extreme left.

If discussing such things and wanting to see the courts used for justice not vindictiveness is EXTREME RIGHT (we don't even have to start the Hitler Youth or build gas chambers to be considered thus ) then locking people up for what they think and denying concerns despite evidence that is something Stalin & Chairman Mao would be proud! So yes its extreme left. Sorry if you can't see the truth.
        What stifled debate. I listen to LBC regularly and Grooming gangs was one of the popular topics, it's also been all over the newspapers ad nauseum.

I don't see the any stifled debate whatsoever. Of course what happens is Katie Hopkins, Tommy Robinson and countless others highjack the debate and turn into an ethnic mud slinging match.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Codswallop. It's a disease that is across the mainstream political spectrum. Rotherham happened under a Labour council - left-wing, but hardly a marxist collective.

If discussing such things and wanting to see the courts used for justice not vindictiveness is EXTREME RIGHT
          It isn't, and no-one has said it is. Even if you believe Robinson's original sending down was due to vindictiveness of the Judge or the powers that be, the fact that he's been released amply demonstrated the justice sysem is largely working as it should.

then locking people up for what they think and denying concerns despite evidence
          Locking people up for what they think is entirely abhorrent. But it didn't happen. Robinson wasn't locked up for what he thought, he was locked up for what he said and did. The fact that concerns weren't denied is demontrated in his release.

Robinson isn't a martyr. He's a very naughty (and nasty) boy.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            What stifled debate. I listen to LBC regularly and Grooming gangs was one of the popular topics, it's also been all over the newspapers ad nauseum.

I don't see the any stifled debate whatsoever. Of course what happens is Katie Hopkins, Tommy Robinson and countless others highjack the debate and turn into an ethnic mud slinging match.
            As the crimes started in the last century and were only prosecuted in 2014 due to the fear the Police & other organisations would appear racist, many of the "right wing" suggested things like this were happening and were accused of extremism. That I would call stifling debate. Yes the cat is finally out of the bag and we are talking about it now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogersc...l-correctness/

As one of the callers to yesterday's program mentioned forced marriages have been happening for decades and we finally have one prosecution, did everyone not really care young girls were being forced into marriage to obtain Visas or were we not allowed to say?

Comment

I meant it in a hyperbolic* sense, not meant to be taken literally, as anyone with half a brain would have figured out. And as I'm sure you're well aware, or would be if you weren't blinded by hatred.

Homophobic reference... I guess you're talking about "broomstick up backside". Obviously, being from across the pond you lack a rounded grasp of English idiom. This particular phrase implies that the person in question is being rather pompous and superior - trying to claim the high moral ground by saying "I'm afraid I don't find that funny".

Michael Barrymore slur... only in your sad little mind.

* No, not this hyperbolic
              Ah, NAT, putting the bolics in hyperbolics as ever.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Codswallop. It's a disease that is across the mainstream political spectrum. Rotherham happened under a Labour council - left-wing, but hardly a marxist collective.

It isn't, and no-one has said it is. Even if you believe Robinson's original sending down was due to vindictiveness of the Judge or the powers that be, the fact that he's been released amply demonstrated the justice sysem is largely working as it should

Locking people up for what they think is entirely abhorrent. But it didn't happen. Robinson wasn't locked up for what he thought, he was locked up for what he said and did. The fact that concerns weren't denied is demontrated in his release.
                the action not the organisation is extreme left. It happened in other areas and the action was repeated. It was against the law and the cover up appears to have been motivated by left wing ideas of multiculturalism. Ignoring crime to promote your ideals is offensive to any sensible citizens.

I do believe the speed and quality of prosecution was driven by vindictiveness, "who will rid me of this turbulent priest" style. It is wrong and I am glad it was uncovered, for the hard of thinking (and repeated reading) I dislike Tommy Robinson he is unpleasant, I look forward to him going back to prison legally. His compensation package for this muck up will annoy me.

Comment

As the crimes started in the last century and were only prosecuted in 2014 due to the fear the Police & other organisations would appear racist, many of the "right wing" suggested things like this were happening and were accused of extremism. That I would call stifling debate. Yes the cat is finally out of the bag and we are talking about it now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogersc...l-correctness/

As one of the callers to yesterday's program mentioned forced marriages have been happening for decades and we finally have one prosecution, did everyone not really care young girls were being forced into marriage to obtain Visas or were we not allowed to say?
                  You have missed the bit about where these underage girls are also systematically raped - although as they are 'married' they apparently cannot be 'raped'

see so enforce marriage and enforced sex is legal - with a minor

But that's fine.

Comment

I do believe the speed and quality of prosecution was driven by vindictiveness
                    He broke reporting restrictions which is covered by the offence of contempt of court.
                    Contempt of court is ruled upon by the judge.
                    Contempt of court rulings are often dealt with very quickly. (Judges have the power to act summarily).
                    He did this while already under a suspended sentence for the same offence.
                    The appeal court ruled that he'd been sent down too hastily, in that the offence wasn't properly scrutinised, plus other issues.

My guess is the judge was pissed off with Robinson for apparently jeopardising the trial. If you want to call that vindictiveness, feel free. But it is tin-foil-hat conspiracy to suggest that this was under the direction of anyone else, or that this case is indicative of systematic failures in the British legal system.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      You have missed the bit about where these underage girls are also systematically raped - although as they are 'married' they apparently cannot be 'raped'
                      If an underage girl is married off, even when she's of age her "husband" should automatically be excluded from coming to the UK.

I think you'll find that under UK law, rape is recognised within marriage, regardless of age. The problem is that as the law stands, the girls have to formally complain. Few do. But if they do, their "husbands" should indeed be prosecuted for rape - and deported (if they were bought in on the grounds of the "marriage").

Hasn't the law changed recently that a spouse can only come into the UK if the (or their partner) earn enough?

Comment

Working...
                      X