• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London finance exodus to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on topic.

Barclays have said the reason for this investment in the Glasgow campus is to bring jobs back in-house.
    What do you think this means?
    I reckon it means getting rid of the big consultancies /outsourcers and having mostly staff jobs with a few one-man band contractors when needed.
    Or does anyone reckon its going to be a permie only paradise?
    Back to business!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
      Back on topic.

Barclays have said the reason for this investment in the Glasgow campus is to bring jobs back in-house.
      I reckon it means getting rid of the big consultancies /outsourcers and having mostly staff jobs with a few one-man band contractors when needed.
      They will definitely use contractors when needed. Barclays Wealth in Glasgow have use contractors for years too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
        Back on topic.

Getting rid of consultants is big, as is onshoring call centres. That said, Glaswegian isn't much of an improvement from a broad Bangalore accent.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          That said, Glaswegian isn't much of an improvement from a broad Bangalore accent.
          I know what you're saying but the First Direct call centre in Hamilton (12 miles South of Glasgow) works well

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            We'll have to annex Glasgow and Coulport, we need somewhere to keep our nukes
            Milford Haven... there's tidy!

Comment

Seems to be more of a geographic slur than racism... in which case if I call people from Liverpool "thieving Scousers" am I being racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Seems to be more of a geographic slur than racism... in which case if I call people from Liverpool "thieving Scousers" am I being racistaccurate?
                Probably.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Getting rid of consultants is big, as is onshoring call centres. That said, Glaswegian isn't much of an improvement from a broad Bangalore accent.

Many have commented on me infectious Glaswegian accent and casual banter.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

https://www.matinee.co.uk/blog/scott...-call-centres/

The Scottish Accent

Although the Scottish accent is said to be one of the most difficult to imitate and sometimes tricky to understand, a study has recognised that the accent is found to be friendly and honest throughout the UK. They score highest for both trustworthiness and competence which instils confidence in people. In fact, there has been so much positive feedback from the accent representing a number of brands that Scotland is said to be turning into a call centre nation. There are over 108,000 employees in over 400 contact centres in Scotland.

The reason that call centres are drifting from Mumbai to Motherwell is due to a number of factors. Firstly, it’s the Scots’ ability to understand English colloquialisms and deal with each case individually. Their job isn’t simply to read from a standard script. Building rapport with customers is very important for brands interested in building brand loyalty. A positive call centre experience and a sympathetic sounding Scot can make all the difference. The natural Scots tone, sounds neither haughty nor detached. Scottish voices have ‘something’, and that something is worth a lot to business.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

https://www.matinee.co.uk/blog/scott...-call-centres/

The Scottish Accent

Although the Scottish accent is said to be one of the most difficult to imitate and sometimes tricky to understand, a study has recognised that the accent is found to be friendly and honest throughout the UK. They score highest for both trustworthiness and competence which instils confidence in people. In fact, there has been so much positive feedback from the accent representing a number of brands that Scotland is said to be turning into a call centre nation. There are over 108,000 employees in over 400 contact centres in Scotland.

The reason that call centres are drifting from Mumbai to Motherwell is due to a number of factors. Firstly, it’s the Scots’ ability to understand English colloquialisms and deal with each case individually. Their job isn’t simply to read from a standard script. Building rapport with customers is very important for brands interested in building brand loyalty. A positive call centre experience and a sympathetic sounding Scot can make all the difference. The natural Scots tone, sounds neither haughty nor detached. Scottish voices have ‘something’, and that something is worth a lot to business.
                      But like most places the scottish accent does vary quite considerably - is there any particular region of Scotland which has the 'best' accent?

Comment

Working...
                      X