• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby Inflatable Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Inflatable Trump

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-ang...visit-11426665

Sadiq Khan should be embarassed approving this.
    Apart from a security risk this is just a really pathetic stunt.
    Whether you agree with Trump or not.

Are you saying that the prols must have no right to protest this government or the failed businessman/sex pest, that we must bow to these elites, these JRM/BoJo good-for-nothings who are hell bent on destroying Britain?
    That we should welcome with open arms the orange man who likes foreign children to be imprisoned away from their parents, does nothing to stop his own citizens from slaughtering children in schools and is happy to negotiate with terrorists as long as there's money in it for him?

Is that what you think is a positive moral and civil message?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Hmmn... Sense of humour failure?
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

You really are a politically correct busybody, aren't you? Trying to prevent free expression.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you saying that the prols must have no right to protest this government or the failed businessman/sex pest, that we must bow to these elites, these JRM/BoJo good-for-nothings who are hell bent on destroying Britain?
          That we should welcome with open arms the orange man who likes foreign children to be imprisoned away from their parents, does nothing to stop his own citizens from slaughtering children in schools and is happy to negotiate with terrorists as long as there's money in it for him?

Is that what you think is a positive moral and civil message?
          No its nothing to do with policies or agreeing with him in anyway or saying people shouldn't protest.
          Or whether I agree with his visit or not. Its really nothing to do with that. And never said anything about that.

Just don't think the London mayor should disrespect a visiting head of state in 'childish' manner. He should 'rise above it'.

(check out the humour)

It devalues the mayors office.

Comment

Was listening to LBC this morning talking about this.

My view is - protest yes, of course, but this is a bit embarrassing and I think lowers the tone of our country and doesn't do the left many favors.

Still - is it as bad as this?:

Regardless of what you think of a leader and their policies or them personally some things won't do you any favors if you have any interest in persuading hearts and minds.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

He can't really win, just imagine the stick he'd have got if he'd banned it...

Security risk? It's plastic and helium, not plastic explosive and polonium.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Khan reducing himself to Trump level.

Comment

No its nothing to do with policies or agreeing with him in anyway or saying people shouldn't protest.
                  Or whether I agree with his visit or not. Its really nothing to do with that. And never said anything about that.

Just don't think the London mayor should disrespect a visiting head of state in 'childish' manner. He should 'rise above it'.

(check out the humour)

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Was listening to LBC this morning talking about this.

My view is - protest yes, of course, but this is a bit embarrassing and I think lowers the tone of our country and doesn't do the left many favors.
                  I think it's childish and not in great taste but as said, that's not a reason to ban it. Allowing things we violently disagree with is an important principle as long as it's not harmful.

When it involves political leaders and use of 'official areas' lie Parliament Square (if I have this right) more care is needed but the mayor allowing it is not the same as agreeing with it. I'm not sure why it got as far as the mayor anyway?

Of course if a rival group wants a Boris or Sadiq inflatable this should be allowed too - but I think British people are quite good at accepting this kind of thing in good humour.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

(check out the humour)

This isn't a protest by the Mayor of London. Do you realise that? Permission is being given for a protest by other parties. The alternative is to ban it, and that would devalue the mayor's office.

Comment

Working...
                    X