• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AIBU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    'Feck' is not a swear word.
    Well, it could be if slang variations of swearwords is also against forum rules. But after asking my accountant who told me to do a search it appears you might be right.

EDIT : Actually thinking about it you are right but when used in the phrase feckwit it's a more acceptable replacement for ****wit so is clearly avoidance of the swear filter.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 June 2018, 08:45.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Well, it could be if slang variations of swearwords is also against forum rules. But after asking my accountant who told me to do a search it appears you might be right.

EDIT : Actually thinking about it you are right but when used in the phrase feckwit it's a more acceptable replacement for ****wit so is clearly avoidance of the swear filter.
      Feckwit is simply a portmanteau of 'feck' and 'wit'.

Presumably, our new CUK language police would have us stop using the terms 'mad', 'insane', 'demented' and 'manic'.

Comment

FFS what a moronic thread.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Feckwit is simply a portmanteau of 'feck' and 'wit'.

Presumably, our new CUK language police would have us stop using the terms 'mad', 'insane', 'demented' and 'manic'.
          Nah, unless you put '****' before or after it.

EDIT : Which is edited out even with u swapped for @ so to bypass the swear filter I have to say feck. Point made

Comment

Does that mean we have to say goodbye to this little fellow?

First it was Bob, now it's little nodding smiliey. So many victims of PC'ism.

Comment

Avoidance is legal, surely?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Avoidance is legal, surely?
                What has what is legal or correct got to do with quality and consistence of moderation on here?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Can't we just call them brexitards, and no one with any intelligence is offended?

Mods! Mods! Some Remainer has hijacked Dim's account.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

What has what is legal or correct got to do with quality and consistence of moderation on here?
                    Fair point. I thought we were in Acc/Legal for a moment...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

AIBU - using terms from mumsnet will result in being called a cretin. Persistent use will lead to having a user title of mumsnetcretin being applied.

Comment

Working...
                      X