• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm noob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    FTFY
    Thanks for that. I am not quite in to the vernicular, it's mostly Turkish slang here.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
      Haven't you read the State of The Market thread ? I can't get a contract 2 years now bro, that is why I always find it funny when I read someone took 3 - 4 months tops to get a contract.. 2 years bro.

So I have this contracting mindset, direct manager is not in my country , we are like outsourced desk. Funny to be a perm.
      I'd be interested to see how your CV reads judging by your style of writing here, as to why you have not picked up a contract in 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I'd be interested to see how your CV reads judging by your style of writing here, as to why you have not picked up a contract in 2 years...
        I think you are being harsh and showing your age. Contract applications are made by instagram these days.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Thanks for that. I am not quite in to the vernicular, it's mostly Turkish slang here.
          DE, or NL ??

and it's vernacular HTH
          Last edited by BR14; 8 May 2018, 21:06.

Comment

I started this perm job and one perm team member, not manager, is talking to me as if he is going to be telling me what to do. It is day two tomorrow for me and I will be putting jedi effort in trying not to raise my voice on him in front of him as he is part of the existing perm gang, so I risk getting hated and needing to stand back a little.

The fecker said first day was easier for me, but tomorrow will be more serious. Yo noob it will take me 2 weeks to get up to speed. I am going to communicate that to him tomorrow, and it is gonna be by manly stand, still face . I will have him schedule a meeting in my calendar before talking to me, if he pushes it. The noob think can push around a contractor, you gotta show them from day 1 who the fack they are dealing with.

The issue though is that he is closer regionally ( similar province ) to the rest of the perm gang, so I might be taking stand against 7 people tomorrow. I have dealt with worse situations, before that noob was born.

Decided to write this here, as I know people here know what I am talking about.
            Is English your first language?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Is English your first language?
              Why, are you thinking of grooming him?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Why, are you thinking of grooming him?
                Maybe he likes gladiators??

Comment

If I don't last the probation period it means I was not accepted as an autonomous independent worker able to deliver any work
                  load as long I am not being micro managed on a daily / half-daily basis.
                  Nah. It means you're a twonk who couldn't cut it as a contractor nor as a permie. Perhaps a change of career is in order. Have you tried stand-up comedy?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

On a serious note, I find using a "Chess Clock" works wonders in focussing the minds of people who persist in micro-managing/interrupting!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I started this perm job and one perm team member, not manager, is talking to me as if he is going to be telling me what to do. It is day two tomorrow for me and I will be putting jedi effort in trying not to raise my voice on him in front of him as he is part of the existing perm gang, so I risk getting hated and needing to stand back a little.

The fecker said first day was easier for me, but tomorrow will be more serious. Yo noob it will take me 2 weeks to get up to speed. I am going to communicate that to him tomorrow, and it is gonna be by manly stand, still face . I will have him schedule a meeting in my calendar before talking to me, if he pushes it. The noob think can push around a contractor, you gotta show them from day 1 who the fack they are dealing with.

The issue though is that he is closer regionally ( similar province ) to the rest of the perm gang, so I might be taking stand against 7 people tomorrow. I have dealt with worse situations, before that noob was born.

Decided to write this here, as I know people here know what I am talking about.
                      Today is your second day. When did the other person start that makes him a noob compared to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X