• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Consultative Council (CC) Election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE Consultative Council (CC) Election

Morning all

Just a heads-up to all IPSE Members who use this forum.

The annual election process for prospective Consultative Council members is now taking place. Nominations close on 04 May at 12h00, whilst voting starts 18 May at 10h00. Any Member of IPSE is eligible to stand.

https://election.ipse.co.uk/

If you are a member, please visit the site, view the candidates who have nominated themselves (some will "entertain you"), and perhaps, nominate yourself? Apathy amongst the +- 20 000 members is quite astonishing, considering that your annual membership fee (up to £266+VAT) is not inconsiderable. Get better value from this, by playing an active part in IPSE.

IPSE needs to change the way it engages with its Members (and the CC). Be heard, make a difference.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

It's almost as if people join IPSE for the IR35 insurance and nothing else ...

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      That's not true. Mr Ligin Sreenivasan joined to be part of a team it appears.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well once you've taken out anyone that can't post a picture that is the right way around then the field becomes a little small.

Toby has my vote just because of the power pose.

Comment

No, I joined them because I thought they were going to get IR35 abolished

Comment

Can we propose anonymously?

Comment

I've change my mind. Mr Usman Tariq appears to want to take on this lofty role despite being hospitalised. That level of dedication beats Mr Anscombe's power pose hands down I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Can we propose anonymously?
                Is HMRC bunging you to get PC onto the Council?

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
                  No, I joined them because I thought they were going to get IR35 abolished
                  Same here. 10 years ago. That and the free contract templates I used.

10 years later IR35 is very much more of a risk and pain than it was then - no progress whatsoever - PCG becomes IPSE and is neutralised by the current gov. I think most of what they sell can be bought more cheaply elsewhere. Hiscox do £100k of IR35 insurance for £60 a year. Personally I don't see the point of IPSE.

Comment

Same here. 10 years ago. That and the free contract templates I used.

10 years later IR35 is very much more of a risk and pain than it was then - no progress whatsoever - PCG becomes IPSE and is neutralised by the current gov. I think most of what they sell can be bought more cheaply elsewhere. Hiscox do £100k of IR35 insurance for £60 a year. Personally I don't see the point of IPSE.
                    They've got a great Advantages site!

Comment

Working...
                    X