• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alfie Evans....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Most "old people" aren't in a vegetative state on life support, in ICU. It's hardly the same.

What chance? There is literally no chance. All that's been proposed is that we take an incredibly sick child who needs life support*, subject them to transit across Europe, place them into new surroundings with new people who are going to do exactly the same as here. They don't even have the disease fully diagnosed - most of his brain is gone, there ain't no miracle and there ain't no cure.

*Yes, I realise they took him off his ventilator and he's currently breathing unaided. That'll last until his next seizure.
    Re "new surroundings with new people who are going to do exactly the same as here." absolutely not, the NHS approach to the patient and the family is at odds with many other countries which would do things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Re "new surroundings with new people who are going to do exactly the same as here." absolutely not, the NHS approach to the patient and the family is at odds with many other countries which would do things differently.
      You keep saying that, but are very light on detail. Come on - what, PRECISELY, are they going to add to the care of this child? Apart from prayers from the Pope.

I want properly specific details if you're going to keep spouting this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

*Yes, I realise they took him off his ventilator and he's currently breathing unaided. That'll last until his next seizure.
        Which was un expected - they expected him to die and he didn't

Now they are saying you cannot move him because he will die - what if he doesn't

Next they are going to say he cannot be cured - what if he can?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Now they are saying you cannot move him because he will die - what if he doesn't

If you're more medically qualified than the doctors and have access to information that they don't then offer it to them.

Or are you just another armchair medics with your "WhatIfs"?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

No they didn't - though it was likely. Read the case and medical history.

Comment

And some people dont realise when they have been subjected to a lifetime of NHS propaganda about the supposed merits of the NHS.

Ashya King for me demonstrates more than this case how wrong the NHS often is, and its absolutely crystal clear to me the NHS is in the wrong.

Sorry I dont subscribe to the national religion (the NHS), but then it has killed several friends.
              I am actually related to and close friends with people who work in the NHS at different levels. I unfortunately get to hear the faults of the particular Trust they work for and/or government policy every time I meet up with one of them. I've also personally experienced sh*t treatment from a section of the NHS as well as good treatment. And that's ignoring what has happened to some of my close relatives that have died - as not everyone wants the NHS to keep them or their relations alive longer than necessary when their quality of life is questionable, or even if they are young and brain dead.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                They have withdrawn care because it is in his best interests, not that of the parents or the baying mobs.
                They believe that the child should not be forced to travel, just to support the parents or the mob.
                It is not in the child's best interest to travel.

The doctor's duty is to the patient. Not the parents. Not the media or the rent-a-mob.
                Being left to die in a hospital room isn't particularly in his interest.

Since when does the hospital get to countermand the patient? If I want to discharge myself against medical advice I can. As a parent, don't you have the same rights as their legal representative?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Being left to die in a hospital room isn't particularly in his interest.

Since when does the hospital get to countermand the patient? If I want to discharge myself against medical advice I can. As a parent, don't you have the same rights as their legal representative?
                  Especially when the medical advice from the NHS is radically different to that from the rest of the developed world.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    They're the representative until such a time that the Drs believe that their interests do not align with the best interests of the child. At such a point, the case is taken to court where both sides are heard and the court makes a decision based on what we can conclude is the best way forward.

What other possible way can there be? We know we can't give parents total control because people are bastards so there has to be a process.

Comment

Especially when the medical advice from the NHS is radically different to that from the rest of the developed world.
                      Again, you keep saying this but are failing to provide any examples. Can you answer my previous question yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X