• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Either one believes in personal responsibility or one doesn't.
    Horse feathers. There are levels of responsibility. You have a personal responsibility to not post your noxious brainfarts. Yet here we are.

Yet something as basic as feeding your infant offspring successfully is the sole responsibility of the state despite childbirth & rearing being as old as man.
    You really are pig ignorant, aren't you?

Childbirth and child-rearing as are as old as humanity. And throughout that time older, more experienced women have helped younger women after birth. New mothers don't know how to feed and look after their babies instinctively. They need the help of others to do it. That is how the profession of midwifery came into being.

These midwives failed because they did not properly look after two people under their care, and for whom they had legal responsibility.

It's their fsking job to make sure. And the judge agrees.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sri Lankan refugee couple are set for multi-million-pound NHS payout | Daily Mail Online

OK its very sad but what about personal responsibility & their community?

I thought it would have been an actual medical mistake but who doesn't know how to feed a baby?
      So perhaps their community should be collectively punished.

Alternatively one might accept that the law. English legal system has examined both argument and come to a judgment according to the law.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        So perhaps their community should be collectively punished.

Alternatively one might accept that the law. English legal system has examined both argument and come to a judgment according to the law.
        why they did not commit anything to be punished for? Your following lines of fantasy to support your opinion and attack other posters is worthy of many rabid believers.

However as pointed out by NAT there is a tradition of the community helping out. Now it seems the government must do it and be punished because it was difficult and they failed.

I would suggest the law is wrong suggesting only the midwives are at fault.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I’m not as expert on U.K. law as you, can you please cite the law that says that?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            I’m not as expert on U.K. law as you, can you please cite the law that says that?
            the one the Judge cited?

I'm not challenging the legality, just the morality.

These were 20+ year olds that had been raised in their own country, they came here as refugees with their family and had a child.

By 20 I was capable of feeding & looking after babies and understood they needed nutrition, this was because many of my immediate and extended family members already had them.Aunties, sisters friends all had babies I was the go to baby sitter.

I doubt sri lanka is that backward that their citizens don't know how to feed kids and keep them alive.

oh look its pretty good

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=ce&v=29

its almost like this we must do everything for immigrants and if it fails its our fault, is a sort of racism, they can't possibly cope on their own the poor foreigners!

I find it quite offensive.

Comment

By 20 I was capable of feeding & looking after babies and understood they needed nutrition, this was because many of my immediate and extended family members already had them.Aunties, sisters friends all had babies I was the go to baby sitter.
              And such a fine job you did too....

Comment

why they did not commit anything to be punished for? Your following lines of fantasy to support your opinion and attack other posters is worthy of many rabid believers.

However as pointed out by NAT there is a tradition of the community helping out. Now it seems the government must do it and be punished because it was difficult and they failed.

The government has not been found at fault. The NHS has. I expect you understand the distinction.

You should understand that ensuring that information is communicated to and understood by patients or carers is a key component of duty of care of healthcare professionals. In this case it appears that the NHS failed in its duty of care to a newborn baby and the legal system has reacted accordingly. But throw in the refugee factor and you have a good Daily Mail dog whistle story.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  And such a fine job you did too....

2 enter 1 leaves

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    The government has not been found at fault. The NHS has. I expect you understand the distinction.

You should understand that ensuring that information is communicated to and understood by patients or carers is a key component of duty of care of healthcare professionals. In this case it appears that the NHS failed in its duty of care to a newborn baby and the legal system has reacted accordingly. But throw in the refugee factor and you have a good Daily Mail dog whistle story.
                    apparently the "refugee factor" was a key part of the story.

Comment

apparently the "refugee factor" was a key part of the story.
                      It wouldn't be in the Mail otherwise.

Anything to say about the NHS's duty of care to the newborn?

Comment

Working...
                      X