• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I did. I was sure I never had any PPI, and couldn't be bothered with the paperwork - I'd half heartedly had a go myself a year or so ago, but my auntie used a company to do all the legwork. I used them and ended up with ~ 5k from my first mortgage.

I used these guys:

https://www.consumer-refund.org
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm thinking of applying to every bank, credit card company and store company, chancing my arm they pay me anything to go away.
      This. If nothing else it's creating work for someone

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        This. If nothing else it's creating work for someone
        Then wait six months and then hit them under GDPR for not deleting your info.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

PPI is not the only thing you can claim for apparently. Got a letter today from a company reclaiming wayleave payments from power networks. If they have any equipment on or cables over your land, apart from your own supply, they have to pay you compensation to keep them there.

I have a neighbour's cable over a corner of my garden so checked what I could claim. Checked online and found I could be due a fortune of £1.48!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            PPI is not the only thing you can claim for apparently. Got a letter today from a company reclaiming wayleave payments from power networks. If they have any equipment on or cables over your land, apart from your own supply, they have to pay you compensation to keep them there.

I have a neighbour's cable over a corner of my garden so checked what I could claim. Checked online and found I could be due a fortune of £1.48!
            - don't spend it all at once!

Comment

I had a motorbike loan of £1500 20 years ago and never thought it had PPI. I contacted lloyds direct as I didnt want a claims company taking anything and all that happened is they interviewed me for about an hour about savings etc at the time. They said I did have PPI and here is a cheque for £600 I was astounded to say the least! OK it wasnt a cheque but a backs payment!

Comment

Originally posted by Montymoore View Post
                I had a motorbike loan of £1500 20 years ago and never thought it had PPI. I contacted lloyds direct as I didnt want a claims company taking anything and all that happened is they interviewed me for about an hour about savings etc at the time. They said I did have PPI and here is a cheque for £600 I was astounded to say the least! OK it wasnt a cheque but a backs payment!
                BACS ftfy....

I get the impression you just need to have had some sort of loan/credit agreement/something during that time and if you can prove that there will be a pot of cash available.

I do not believe the banks have that great records.........

Give it a go.. fill your boots.
                Last edited by original PM; 19 April 2018, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  BACS ftfy....

I get the impression you just need to have had some sort of loan/credit agreement/something during that time and if you can prove that there will be a pot of cash available.

I do not believe the banks have that great records.........

Give it a go.. fill your boots.
                  The best bit of this is that taking money off banks is about the least morally wrong thing you can do!

Comment

Indeed I would prefer all the 35 quids they charged me to send me a letter telling me I was 20p over drawn...

sorry now you are £35.20 (+ interest) over drawn,

Then the following day another letter - for 35 quid telling me I was £35.20 over drawn.

So yeah take as much as you want even if you are completely dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Montymoore View Post
                      I was on with Lloyds the other night for about 45 minutes regarding my packaged account. The PPI is going down a seperate route.

I paid for a packaged account for 7 years and when I went to use the travel insurance they welched out on a technicality, so after 20 years I closed my account. I stated the package was unfit for purpose.

Unsure whether I've had a result the next few days will tell.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X