• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I served wherever I was required to serve.
    West Germany, or you were not even allowed to go there?

Go on spill the beans, 30 years passed since you've downed your equipment, it's totally fine to talk about it, did they give you quality gear?

Comment

What was your rank when you discharged?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        West Germany, or you were not even allowed to go there?
        Can't go giving secrets away to the Russkies. Wouldn't be a secret.

Was this YOUR rank when you failed to do your duty?

Honestly, you make assguru look courageous!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My rank is private (soldier) part of reserves, I've got my military ID, personal number etc

The fact that you don't share any info about your supposed service 30+ years old speaks volumes, specifically if your final rank was below captain-major for 15 years service then you were chicken tulip back then too
          Last edited by AtW; 18 March 2018, 18:34.

Comment

My rank is private (soldier) part of reserves, I've got my military ID, personal number etc

The fact that you don't share any info about your supposed service 30+ years old speaks volumes, specifically if your final rank was below captain-major for 15 years service then you were chicken tulip back then too
            To be fair ATW it doesn't matter if shaunbhoy was cannon fodder what matters is that he's happy to say what rank he had and a few other details.

I don't know anyone - and I've worked with, alongside, know and am friends with people who have been in the British armed forces - who won't happily tell people their rank.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lol - can we split this thread into draft dodgers with bad cold v real men

And false flag attempts on Russia

Comment

So in essence, you have the same military capability as a sandbag.

Suffice it to say that I was trained to do highly technical service with relations to mobile and static encrypted communications.
                Bearing that in mind, I attained the highest possible rank it was possible to achieve during the time I served.

The fact that you would have no clue as to how the rank structures vary from one Corps to another within the British Army, particularly when Technical training is a factor, mean it would be of no value for me to tell you.

And I see that your confederacy of inadequacy has had its numbers swelled by the arrival of Swellin. As if you were not on shaky enough ground.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Suffice it to say that I was trained to do highly technical service with relations to mobile and static encrypted communications.
                  So you were a sergeant with a SATCOM (big ass iPhone) backpack?

Surprised the bandwidth was sufficient for that thick accent of yours.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/McAuslan-Roug.../dp/0006176550

"... (his) grey-white shirt was open to the waist, revealing what was either his skin or an old vest, you couldn't tell which. His hair was tangled and his mouth hung open; altogether he looked as though he'd just completed a bell-ringing stint at Notre Dame."
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Can't question AtW has balls.

Russian ✔
                      Living in UK ✔
                      Slagging off Putin/Kremlin ✔

Comment

Working...
                      X