• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If it hasn't been mentioned, it really should be. I've recently ploughed through S2 to be ready for S3, they don't let up in scenes that you cannot un-see. I like the concept and it's very slickly done - also really like all the very thinly veiled rip-offs of other famous heroes. Homelandler is genuinely a rather disturbing character and only gets more so, although he reminds me quite a bit of Philip Schofield for some reason.
    Shock and feckin gore! Some is a bit much.

I think the point is that the major corporations form the image of a super hero and that is what they are lampooning.

Philip Schofield you are right on the surface clean cut and homely underneath cheating on his wife. Makes sense. I went to Mandleslime as a role model.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I know a lot of people would just find it too OTT (like the bath scene in Breaking Bad) but it's done cleverly I feel not just "let's be gross". I heard an interview with Karl Urban and as he put it "you won't have seen this anywhere else".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

+1 for The Boys. Very creative. I hate superhero crap, so I was massively skeptical when someone recommended it, but it's good, totally novel.

Comment

Just finished watching Kaleidoscope. Absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed that. Anything with yer man Giancarlo Esposito in is always top notch (with the exception of Revolution)

Comment

Working...
          X