• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Seems whatever happens you're calling doom.

That’s what I do also...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That’s what I do also...
      We've never seen you and Scooty in the same room .... just saying
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        You've been saying for ages that the stock markets will crash due to massive debts ...... now you're dooming because debt is being paid off. Seems whatever happens you're calling doom.

Under what circumstances would you call markets rising?
        Makes perfect sense does it not? As you often tell me, people invest in stocks on the perception of future value. It is why growth stocks are 99% responsible for pulling up the stock market in one swoop. So confident are people they borrow on leverage to invest in those growth stocks. 1929 all over again.

Debt pushed the market up to all time highs, debt shrinking (deflation) will crash it to all time lows.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 1 November 2020, 19:45.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Makes perfect sense does it not? As you often tell me, people invest in stocks on the perception of future value. It is why growths are 99% for pulling up the market in one swoop. So confident people they borrow on leverage to invest in those growth stocks. 1929 all over again.

Debt pushed the market up to all time highs, debt shrinking (deflation) will crash it to all time lows.
          But you said high debts will cause the markets to crash. Now you're saying debt repayments will result in the markets crashing. Seems whatever is happening, you're going to use that as an excuse for calling the markets to crash.

Eventually of course you will pick a cause, but for each one you call right, you will have called many many incorrectly.

Comment

Makes perfect sense does it not? As you often tell me, people invest in stocks on the perception of future value. It is why growths are 99% for pulling up the market in one swoop. So confident people they borrow on leverage to invest in those growth stocks. 1929 all over again.

18 months ago..

Think we're on the way to seeing a major correction. PBC and others I'm subscribed to (not selling anything) have for the past few days suggesting / indicating we're about to see a major correction in US stock markets and then spreading.
            We’ve had a global pandemic ffs, and still this never happened.

You’re coming across like a broken clock. Right, twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
              18 months ago..

Somehow since I started the thread the market has only gone one direction years before any pandemic.

How could I have known?

It matters not what burst the bubble, it matters it was a bubble before any of this came along. A bubble built on debt.

If the market was a foundation of strength, debt free, we're not have seen a dent. Is there a market out there that reflects that? Before the pandemic came along? Of course there is.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Scooty and I both have something in common.

We're both a bit fixated on shorts.

In my case, it's women in shorts. The shorter the better.

Not sure which is a healthier obsession mind you.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Scooty and I both have something in common.

We're both a bit fixated on shorts.

In my case, it's women in shorts. The shorter the better.

Not sure which is a healthier obsession mind you.
                  Scooty has a graph showing that the shorts are due to fall fast.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post

The stock market rallied 60% over the summer whilst the number of those infected with Covid-19 increased out of control.

Comment

The stock market rallied 60% over the summer whilst the number of those infected with Covid-19 increased out of control.
                      One of the most challenging periods of our time summed up in one sentence.. Well done..
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X