• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Let's wait and see what next week brings when the earnings reports come out.

According to the bulls it has been an excellent quarter, profits are up and Tesla stock is cheap!
    What's your new call on stock markets? You called it should have crashed by now, are you still calling that and if so are you still calling sub 4000 for the FTSE?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Yes, I’m bearish AF.

I don’t have a crystal ball... last month, this month, the next.. there’s no way in puff I’d be investing in equities right now.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bears too busy crapping in the woods.

Buy buy buy!

Comment

Yes, I’m bearish AF.

I don’t have a crystal ball... last month, this month, the next.. there’s no way in puff I’d be investing in equities right now.
          but the weekly candle is green

Comment

Yes, I’m bearish AF.

Sooooooo, we know it wasn't last month. We know it's not this month. Therefore you're going to call 'next' month, and eventually you can claim you called it even if 'next' month is 6 years time and caused by a meteorite strike
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Yes, I’m bearish AF.

Not to be too nitpicky, scootie, but crystal ball seems a little ambitious. You could start by keeping your crayons within the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                What's your new call on stock markets? You called it should have crashed by now, are you still calling that and if so are you still calling sub 4000 for the FTSE?
                The FTSE isn't the issue. If anywhere is overstretched, it's the US. And the trouble is, if the US market tanks, then it'll drag other markets down with it (like in 1929 and 2000).

Is that likely? Who knows.

But, personally, I wouldn't want to be overweight in equities at this time, and certainly not US equities.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Sooooooo, we know it wasn't last month. We know it's not this month. Therefore you're going to call 'next' month, and eventually you can claim you called it even if 'next' month is 6 years time and caused by a meteorite strike

It doesn't matter if it were last month, this month, or the next it's the same thing - there's an event approaching during this window of time and I've staked a significant put option, which is currently bleeding, but I'm confident the option is money well spent.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It doesn't matter if the stock market crashes in 100 years, what matters is that Pooper Scooper was right about it

Comment

If nothing happens this summer and life continues as like the year before, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. But consider this, even if the disease was gone tomorrow and we had full employment, and everyone had ample cash in their pockets - it would take at least a year, minimum, to get the US back to the economic condition it was in a few years ago. And that was before the US started pi$$ing off its largest trading partner, China.

Comment

Working...
                      X