• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I noticed they've no confirmed closing their BTC trading desk plans despite news to the contrary last week.

As always, do what they do not what they say. Barstewards the lot of them.
    Vitalik Buterin told Bloomberg that the days of explosive*growth*in the blockchain industry have likely come and gone
    That's your BTC at 1 million by the end of the year a bit ****ed isn't it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I said between $60-100k, I'm hodling for $100k.

When the dump trucks of negative news start coming out you just know it's time to fill up your bags. For the record I still expect BTC to take another $1-2k pullback before mid-October. It'll be a good buying opportunity and possibly for the last for average joes to own a whole Bitcoin.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bear market begins now

It's official, the FTSE 100 has a confirmed double top and most importantly it has just broken the 200 day moving average. On the previous two 'double tops' the market went down 40%.

Last edited by scooterscot; 14 September 2018, 17:51.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          the FTSE 100 it has just broken the 200 day moving average.

Why does that chart show a 10 month moving average then?
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 14 September 2018, 20:29.

Comment

stock market crash

Cause I added it. Or rather it is the 200d MA just the chart is zoomed out to show the last 20 years.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 15 September 2018, 05:38.

Comment

The graphs alone don't mean much unless compared to the true value (i.e. purchasing power) of the currency the graph is being valued in. Widespread 'printing' of currency in the last decade flatters the asset prices.

The next crash will likely be caused by the same as the previous one, a credit crunch, as the lessons of the past haven't been learnt and debt on all levels has not been addressed to a sustainable level.

When the BoE stress test of banks has a maximum base rate of 4% which is below the historical average of 5% you know it's the same tulip that's going on.

Question then becomes, what to do to survive the inevitable crash intact? Transfer wealth to true non-paper assets that will always have value or move into cash to buy paper assets on the cheap? Cover as many bases as possible is my preferred approach so timing is less critical.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                The next crash will likely be caused by the same as the previous one, a credit crunch, as the lessons of the past haven't been learnt and debt on all levels has not been addressed to a sustainable level.
                Well, if history repeats itself, and the next crash is a collapse of banks and a credit crunch, the global banking elite will use the solution that "worked" last time, negative interest rates and QE.

This will cause asset prices to recover and then sky rocket again. It also means the cost of borrowing will remain very low.

In the short term, holding cash and buying up cheap shares and property in the gap between the crash and the QE. In the long term, just borrow and buy the biggest house you can, interest rates are heading south long term when the next crash arrives.

Comment

not financial advice, just my own opinion

Credit crunch or 'banking crisis' as I prefer to call it was the starter. Debt has just not being addressed, especially personal debt. The whole problem is now being easphyiated by the FIAT currency crisis in emerging markets, which WILL spread to US dollar & GBP.

As a landlord with an overvalued property + other political crapness, it makes good sense to transfer my money into something that does not loose value during a correction. Gold.

Gold (and Sliver) time and time again hold value throughout currency collapses.

If you're a renter, I'd stay that way. Housing is about to become a whole lot more affordable.

If you're a home owner, fix the rates on any borrowings and ride it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Question then becomes, what to do to survive the inevitable crash intact? Transfer wealth to true non-paper assets that will always have value or move into cash to buy paper assets on the cheap? Cover as many bases as possible is my preferred approach so timing is less critical.

Comment

https://www.worldstory.net/en/storie...en_little.html

Comment

Working...
                      X