• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What with Norovirus, Coronavirus, Influenza and food poisoning outbreaks, I don't think I ever want to be packed like sardines on a cruise.
    It's close call if the alternative is Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Yesterday the cruise industry has reported a 4o% increase in bookings for next year.

Obligatory linky: Cruise ship bookings are increasing for 2021 despite coronavirus - Business Insider

Odd, isn't it.
      People are strange!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Remind me, Scoots did short that dog didn't he?

http://companyresearch.digitallook.c...&ac=&csi=10029
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

What with Norovirus, Coronavirus, Influenza and food poisoning outbreaks, I don't think I ever want to be packed like sardines on a cruise.
          We're thinking it will be a great time to get a deal on a less full ship They're going to be desperate.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            Yesterday the cruise industry has reported a 4o% increase in bookings for next year.

Obligatory linky: Cruise ship bookings are increasing for 2021 despite coronavirus - Business Insider

Odd, isn't it.

If people book with one of the better operators they are likely to be able to claim a refund if the operator is still afloat - literally and presumably think being on a seaborn petri dish is a good idea as soon as next year. There are better ways to travel but some people have little imagination.

What I suspect is more likely is that cruise operators have offered customers from 2020 the choice to book next year, with some incentive thrown in, without directly offering a refund even though the consumer is entitled to the refund. They're also offering gift vouchers with an incentive piled on top. When someone uses this voucher booking for next year it's seen as a new booking by the system and they've produced these garbage statistics to try entice other less discerning individuals into booking.

Therefore the bookings next year that are made in this month of April is higher than is normal for now. It's likely masking the fact the bookings should be 100% higher than normal if their offering is so amazing if everybody is taking a gift voucher or taking them up on the offer to rebook for next year.
            Last edited by rogerfederer; 15 April 2020, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              People are strange!
              Probably all the 2020 bookings have been offered credit notes instead of refunds and they have to be used next year.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                We're thinking it will be a great time to get a deal on a less full ship They're going to be desperate.
                Enjoy being stuck at port when some old fart coughs and carks it. And then spending a month confined in a 10 foot metal cell.

Comment

Enjoy being stuck at port when some old fart coughs and carks it. And then spending a month confined in a 10 foot metal cell.

Friends of ours were on a ship in that part of the world when this was all starting - a sister ship to the one that was in the news that luckily had to cases. They floated around since no ports were letting them dock, enjoying the food and drink, and then got a full refund.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Friends of ours were on a ship in that part of the world when this was all starting - a sister ship to the one that was in the news that luckily had to cases. They floated around since no ports were letting them dock, enjoying the food and drink, and then got a full refund.
                    Send us a postcard.

Comment

The Mrs and I did this after the Mumbai attacks. We were already planning on visiting India, just hadn't got around to it. Following the attacks we were in the travel agents the next day booking our tiger safari trip, plus Mumbai and Delhi Got a really good deal on the Taj in Mumbai ..... when we first said what we wanted, our agent turned her screen around (she was watching the news unfold on BBC news) and said "you mean this hotel that's on fire?".

Yup ... we were travelling 9 months later and we were pretty sure the Indians would have rebuilt the hotel by then
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X