• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Funny this. Two different people have mentioned cineworld to me over the weekend and now on here. I'm happy with my portfolio but might see why they appear to be mentioned so much. Cruise companies have also popped up more than once.
    During severe recessions and, if the Financial Times is on to something, a severe depression, people are going to be cancelling their monthly [ever increasing in price] Cinecards.

At peak time it's £17 to £20 to go see a film. That simply won't be happening soon after an initial flurry once lockdown is over.

I wouldn't be buying that share any time soon.

Comment

There will be no cinemas for a long time (other than US style car ones) - Disney and others will sell direct

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
        Jet2 is Dart Group? It's never been that low.
        I think I know why that popped in to your head.

Your subconcious is trying to tell you that stock picking is no better than randomly throwing darts at a board.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Funny this. Two different people have mentioned cineworld to me over the weekend and now on here. I'm happy with my portfolio but might see why they appear to be mentioned so much. Cruise companies have also popped up more than once.
          Cruise companies are an interesting one. You'd think after this and their normal sh1tty illness problems, people would avoid them and they'll never have a customer again. But travelers have very short memories. Those cruise companies that survive this will invariably come out the other end stronger. But ... which cruise company to bet on
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Cruise companies are an interesting one. You'd think after this and their normal sh1tty illness problems, people would avoid them and they'll never have a customer again. But travelers have very short memories. Those cruise companies that survive this will invariably come out the other end stronger. But ... which cruise company to bet on
            What with Norovirus, Coronavirus, Influenza and food poisoning outbreaks, I don't think I ever want to be packed like sardines on a cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              What with Norovirus, Coronavirus, Influenza and food poisoning outbreaks, I don't think I ever want to be packed like sardines on a cruise.
              you missed legionella.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Yesterday the cruise industry has reported a 4o% increase in bookings for next year.

Obligatory linky: Cruise ship bookings are increasing for 2021 despite coronavirus - Business Insider

Odd, isn't it.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

RE Cineworld: they were brought off of their more recent low by a large sovereign wealth purchase. They're sliding back again, but the spike was interesting.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    Yesterday the cruise industry has reported a 4o% increase in bookings for next year.

Obligatory linky: Cruise ship bookings are increasing for 2021 despite coronavirus - Business Insider

Odd, isn't it.
                    Smoke and mirrors. A lot of cruise companies are giving customers Future Cruise Credits for the cruises cancelled this year (with bonuses to encourage people to take that rather than a refund). So, these new bookings are not new money.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Smoke and mirrors. A lot of cruise companies are giving customers Future Cruise Credits for the cruises cancelled this year (with bonuses to encourage people to take that rather than a refund). So, these new bookings are not new money.
                      Interesting. Thanks.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X