• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    We're all rooting for ya Scooty with Centrica ... only 5% down at the moment, but loads of time for it to recover between now and September (obviously shame you bought at 36 and not the current 33.75 but, I'm sure graph will prove to be spot on)
    To be fair to Scooty, at least he put his punt out there, and it is providing some entertainment in these uncertain times. A lot can happy between now and September though and, on a positive note, a couple of people did may more.

Scoots, you like to talk about non-emotional trading. Can you ignore that fact that you've invested and produce and end-of-day chart for Centrica explaining whether its now giving buy or sell signals?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 14 April 2020, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Scoots, you like to talk about non-emotional trading. Can you ignore that fact that you've invested and produce and end-of-day chart for Centrica explaining whether its now giving buy or sell signals?
      I'm not someone who tries to time the markets. RSI remains low <30 = incredible buying opportunity. The divergence is almost a month old, fantastic.

Given today's price action there's a good lesson here as to why I don't use stop losses. Many would have been stopped out already sitting with less cash than they started, whilst I'm still in the trade.

The price action remains a strong 'buy' signal.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

well I've cashed out of AA....50% in 3 days. Best ever.....

They say run your gains and cut your losses, but I sold up...

I am thinking it's a dead cat bounce right now....so I've wimped out.

Jet2 is mighty tempting though.......

Tesco was a waste of money, likewise with Disney right now.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

good call. I am selling my shares now

Comment

Given today's price action there's a good lesson here as to why I don't use stop losses. Many would have been stopped out already sitting with less cash than they started, whilst I'm still in the trade.
            Really? Do you know anyone who sets a stop loss at 5%?

(checks yahoo finance)

Sorry, 6.46%

What would it have to drop to before the buy signal is removed (the point at which you admit you were wrong in your "I'm either right or wrong" statement)? Or will it forever give a buy signal because it did so over the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Really? Do you know anyone who sets a stop loss at 5%?

(checks yahoo finance)

Sorry, 6.46%

What would it have to drop to before the buy signal is removed (the point at which you admit you were wrong in your "I'm either right or wrong" statement)? Or will it forever give a buy signal because it did so over the weekend?
              You are trying to apply some kind of rules and logic to Scooty's random brain farts, good luck with that.

Comment

Stocks looking respectable up to 2017 levels.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by genius
                  Is there any reason Cineworld isn't a buy right now? Seems like a guaranteed way to x3 at least.
                  I'm dropping 10k in tomorrow. What could possibly go wrong
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I'm dropping 10k in tomorrow. What could possibly go wrong
                    Cineworld is riddled with bad debt

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
                      well I've cashed out of AA....50% in 3 days. Best ever.....

They say run your gains and cut your losses, but I sold up...

I am thinking it's a dead cat bounce right now....so I've wimped out.

Jet2 is mighty tempting though.......

Tesco was a waste of money, likewise with Disney right now.
                      I'm in with Jet2 (bought at 250), gonna wait till 1500 before selling lol

Comment

Working...
                      X