• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing mess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsourcing mess

I bet a lot of fat cats made their short term money in all this mess. Win contracts by bidding the lowest and pocket the sales commission.

Carillion share price: Behind the scenes of the construction giant's annus horribilis | City A.M.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

With them having some very big PS contracts like HS2 I don't see how the Gov won't be able to something to prop them up. Would be good to see them take a good chunk of this work back in house. Or stop HS2 completely.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      With them having some very big PS contracts like HS2 I don't see how the Gov won't be able to something to prop them up. Would be good to see them take a good chunk of this work back in house. Or stop HS2 completely.
      go on, chain yourself up in a railway station!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s2-work-euston
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        go on, chain yourself up in a railway station!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s2-work-euston
        That was me my son. May God forgive your filthy existence.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          That was me my son. May God forgive your filthy existence.
          don't get your Scapular in a twist!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

For once I agree with the Vince of Cable and would say no to any bailout of Carillion. Simply bring the projects back in house and re-tender. Scrap HS2 and the new Heathrow runway and put the money into a Maglev train running down the centre of the M1 and M62 motorways and a new hub airport in the Thames estuary, as proposed by Boris

Comment

And....they are gone!!

2 £ billion contracts awarded since the first profit warning and yet collapsed like a pack of cards.

Any CUK members affected?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                I bet a lot of fat cats made their short term money in all this mess. Win contracts by bidding the lowest and pocket the sales commission.

Carillion share price: Behind the scenes of the construction giant's annus horribilis | City A.M.

I lost a few grand on that one hoping it would bounce. Bailed before it went bankrupt, but no bounce :-(
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I lost a few grand on that one hoping it would bounce. Bailed before it went bankrupt, but no bounce :-(
                  I heard they dished out divs as late as July!

Comment

I did have to check that the chairman wasn't that Philip Green of BHS notoriety.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X