• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco

Does anyone use Costco? Every time I’ve looked at their site I can’t find anything that’s cheaper than Amazon or Tesco’s.
    Last edited by VillageContractor; 10 January 2018, 20:36.

They are not retailers.

Comment

I'm a member. The website contains little of value, the good deals are in-store. They are most competitive on food and household consumables.

IT/AV stuff and booze tend to be not much better priced than anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        I'm a member. The website contains little of value, the good deals are in-store. They are most competitive on food and household consumables.

Thanks - might be worth taking a look

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
          Thanks - might be worth taking a look
          It's worth looking at if there is one near you. If the nearest one is an hour or more away, it's probably not worth it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

How's the food now, I was a member for a while but remember the meet being crap tulip?

Comment

There's one near me and I have to say I am a fan but you need to ask yourself: Do I really need 22 packets of cotton buds? We used to get beef and chicken but got the chicken home one day and it stank royally! We stick with the Aberdeen Angus beef and separate it out and freeze at home.

It's good for toilet/kitchen roll as I can make a decent saving on that. There are some good deals but yes better in store than website. I remember some posh couple told me if I ever wanted a garden trampoline - long story - get it from Costco, but I've never seen one for sale as yet.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

If you're doing a kids party or something, they're great for catering. Order a few trays of sandwiches, wraps etc and it all comes prepared ready to just take the lids off. Get some big square pizzas and sausage rolls etc to throw in the oven and you're laughing.

I think they're good for fuel as well, but only if theres one nearby. No point driving 15 miles to fill your car up a couple of pennies a litre cheaper.

Originally posted by newmove View Post
                They are not retailers.
                This is a most pertinent point. Difficult to compare to online retailers like amazon, completely different.

Comment

If you have a ltd company, it's much better to go to Booker/Makro They are not always cheaper ,but if you look out for their promotions, there are some very good deals. And their meat is always good, you just need a big freezer
                  ANd unllike COsto you don't need to pay a fee, just show your company registration and VAT certificate if you have one at your first visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    If you have a ltd company, it's much better to go to Booker/Makro They are not always cheaper ,but if you look out for their promotions, there are some very good deals. And their meat is always good, you just need a big freezer
                    ANd unllike COsto you don't need to pay a fee, just show your company registration and VAT certificate if you have one at your first visit.

Do you mean show Contracting Ltd Co details to be able to buy from Booker or Makro?

Any min quantities?

Comment

Working...
                    X