• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad Daily Mail news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Daily Mail news

Virgin West Coast train firm to stop selling Daily Mail - BBC News

"There's been considerable concern raised by colleagues about the Mail's editorial position on issues such as immigration, LGBT rights and unemployment.

"We've decided that this paper is not compatible with the VT brand and our beliefs."

-----------------------
    I think there has been much concern raised about VT ability to run a train service.

I only book via the train line and never claim refunds when train is late. As it means booking via VT. Which means the seat will be double booked.

Censorship is tulip
    "Captain Picard"

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Censorship is tulip
      "Captain Picard"
      How is it censorship? They are not stopping you reading not on board their trains, they are just not handing out free copies in first class or selling it to the plebs. Bring your own copy if you are that desperate to read it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        How is it censorship? They are not stopping you reading not on board their trains, they are just not handing out free copies in first class or selling it to the plebs. Bring your own copy if you are that desperate to read it.
        Look, first off relax. I'm not out to force you to read the DM, I enjoy it in much the same way I would enjoy the Guardian. I know it's not a real newspaper just an exaggerated form of opinion.

But when you stop selling the newspaper to your audience you restrict access to it and you are deciding what your audience can read. If people that use your train share the train brand values (couldn't stop laughing when I typed that) then they will decide to not buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          But when you stop selling the newspaper to your audience you restrict access to it and you are deciding what your audience can read. If people what use your train share the train brands values (couldn't stop laughing when I typed that) then they will decide to not buy it.
          Apparently they were selling only 1 copy for each 4 trains they run. Which I suspect is the real reason. They just decided to milk the decision.

VT on the same level as the DM.....

Comment

They did also note they only sold about one copy a day when it was stocked. So bit of a non-story really. They only stock 3-4 papers so it's not exactly censorship but capitalism... ironically trying to force them to stock certain papers is a left-wing policy.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As long as they carry on socking lactating females fortnightly, I am happy....

Comment

You get a full two weeks use out of a copy?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You get a full two weeks use out of a copy?
                  Keep it to yourself and it lasts longer....

Comment

"We've decided that this paper is not compatible with the VT brand and our beliefs."

ie. the paper arrives clean and on time every day.

Comment

Working...
                    X