• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon reviews

Only ten to eleven in the morning and this guy/guyette has already "reviewed" 9 items today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/..._d_pdp?ie=UTF8

For flip's sake Amazon, what are you doing.

OK sorry about the whinge it's over now.

Dunno if I'm missing a joke, there, but if you go to Your Orders you can quickly go through your items and leave reviews. Every now again I'll speed read down and review the ones that take my fancy

Comment

I wish they'd introduce more QC on their "ask a question" feature. It can be an amazing help and you tend to get answers within minutes, but clearly most people aren't really that clued up on it as you always get replies "I don't know, I bought it as a gift" or sometimes even "stop asking me, I already said I don't know!"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Dunno if I'm missing a joke, there, but if you go to Your Orders you can quickly go through your items and leave reviews. Every now again I'll speed read down and review the ones that take my fancy
        Yes I know. But these reviews seem fake. None contain more than 10 words, most are 5 star. It's a pattern repeated throughout Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          Yes I know. But these reviews seem fake. None contain more than 10 words, most are 5 star. It's a pattern repeated throughout Amazon.
          In a star rating system, they vast majority are either 1 or 5 stars.

Who wants to spend tie writing more than a few words on a lightbulb review anyway?

Comment

[QUOTE=FrontEnder;2511770
            Who wants to spend time writing more than a few words on a lightbulb review anyway?[/QUOTE]

I do! I ordered a four foot LED tube, and it arrived snapped in the middle.

Then I arranged for a replacement, and guess what it also arrived packed in a double cardboard tube and an incredible amount of plastic stuffing, almost enough to fill a mattress, but still broken.

The only problem was I hadn't actually ordered it through Amazon, so I couldn't leave a bad review there - Bloody Amazon!

Bottom line is, it's pointless ordering LED tubes online. There's no way they will arrive through the post intact.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I wish they'd introduce more QC on their "ask a question" feature. It can be an amazing help and you tend to get answers within minutes, but clearly most people aren't really that clued up on it as you always get replies "I don't know, I bought it as a gift" or sometimes even "stop asking me, I already said I don't know!"
              Haha, that's one of my absolutely favourite parts of Amazon. Either people spreading things which are utterly wrong, or Aunt Dorris who thinks she has been personally located and asked this oh so important question.

What should be banned is people giving 1 stars for a product because UPS nicked it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I do! I ordered a four foot LED tube, and it arrived snapped in the middle.

Then I arranged for a replacement, and guess what it also arrived packed in a double cardboard tube and an incredible amount of plastic stuffing, almost enough to fill a mattress, but still broken.

The only problem was I hadn't actually ordered it through Amazon, so I couldn't leave a bad review there - Bloody Amazon!

Bottom line is, it's pointless ordering LED tubes online. There's no way they will arrive through the post intact.
                That sounds like my attempt to have a Yankee Candle delivered by Arseholeforce last year. Wunkers.

Comment

Working...
                X