• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to go for my birthday weekend break?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well - planned location was Toronto - niagara falls and all that.

Looks like it not gong to be practical at the moment. One disadvantage of being an "older" parent is that grandparents are generally older too which sometimes rules out babysitting for any extended time. Not so cool looking after 4 yr old.

Also, due to problems with my teenage boy too - mentioned before, its looking like a 1/2 night uk only trip this time around. :-(

Now where to go? Edinburgh sounds cool - been there few times on rugby trips.... Easy flight.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Half a night? Northern Lady could probably accommodate on that basis.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Centre Parcs!
        Isn't that a euphenism for something?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          British tourists complain to mayor after being charged £463 for lunch in Venice

I bought a can of coke near the trevi fountain years ago (when it was still lira) then worked out it'd cost me about £6.

Comment

Butlins Minehead?

Not too far for you to travel to.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I looked at the menu. Seems reasonable. Mind you, compared to Swiss prices, everything seems cheap.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Oh well - planned location was Toronto - niagara falls and all that.

Looks like it not gong to be practical at the moment. One disadvantage of being an "older" parent is that grandparents are generally older too which sometimes rules out babysitting for any extended time. Not so cool looking after 4 yr old.

Also, due to problems with my teenage boy too - mentioned before, its looking like a 1/2 night uk only trip this time around. :-(

Now where to go? Edinburgh sounds cool - been there few times on rugby trips.... Easy flight.
                Edinburgh is nice. So is Belfast. Galway is lovely but not very easy for airports.

Comment

Catania in Sicily, and take a guided tour up mount Etna

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Now where to go?
                    How about IKEA....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      How about IKEA....?

[img]pic
                      Dime bar cake, naaaaiiiiice.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X