• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best coffee maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got a Nespresso, it makes a reasonable cup of coffee.

I'm very tempted to get one of the new Nespresso Vertuo machines for the office. Pods are a bit dearer but I do prefer a longer cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Pop down to costa and get someone to do it for you.
      Get someone to pop down to costa for you and get someone to do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In the context of "I just want a quick cup of decent coffee without the faff of preparing and cleaning each time" ?
        I drink long coffee and if I am going effort-free I want to basically just press a button, not have to separately boil a kettle. Any recommendations?
        Ticks all the boxes, unsure where the button is situated

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Get someone to pop down to costa for you and get someone to do it for you.
          Why don't costa or some such other do Coffee for delivery - have it ready for 6am delivered to your door. Loads of Milk persons would jump at the opportunity, would be the first time people are happy to see em. Electric vehicles, so it's green also. Fresh milk. I feel like I'm Elton Musk on the verge of a revolution.

Comment

Pop down to costa and get someone to do it for you.
            That is hardly going to be quicker than dicking about with the stove-top pot even if there is one right outside. I don't think there is a Costa or equivalent within 5 miles of me...

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            We've got a Nespresso, it makes a reasonable cup of coffee.

I'm very tempted to get one of the new Nespresso Vertuo machines for the office. Pods are a bit dearer but I do prefer a longer cup of coffee.
            Yeah I prefer a proper mug though if I can make it whenever I want this might change to a cup. Will the original Nespresso not do long coffees then, I hadn't realised the Vertuo uses a different pod size. It was one I had noticed.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              That is hardly going to be quicker than dicking about with the stove-top pot even if there is one right outside. I don't think there is a Costa or equivalent within 5 miles of me...
              Next time before wasting my time you can give me the full details of your location etc. Jeesh you try to help some people that can't even make a bloody coffee and you get agro.

Don't forget to vote for me for CUK personality of the year award. Remember, I'm better than you.

Comment

Why don't costa or some such other do Coffee for delivery - have it ready for 6am delivered to your door. Loads of Milk persons would jump at the opportunity, would be the first time people are happy to see em. Electric vehicles, so it's green also. Fresh milk. I feel like I'm Elton Musk on the verge of a revolution.
                Won't Deliveroo deliver your morning coffee?

Or if you are a home worker, phone service desk with a made up laptop issue and get PC to pick you up a coffee on his way round to note down the asset tag number, for escalation to support. Make sure you tip him, though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Won't Deliveroo deliver your morning coffee?

Or if you are a home worker, phone service desk with a made up laptop issue and get PC to pick you up a coffee on his way round to note down the asset tag number, for escalation to support. Make sure you tip him, though.
                  tip him or her.

You are on to something....

Deliveroo launches espresso-infused bacon roll to help Christmas party hangovers | Metro News

Comment

Next time before wasting my time you can give me the full details of your location etc. Jeesh you try to help some people that can't even make a bloody coffee and you get agro.

Don't forget to vote for me for CUK personality of the year award. Remember, I'm better than you.
                    I said I work from home. How many people's houses are next door to a Costa given they're generally either on high streets or in malls.

I'm not AtW living above the kebab shop...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

tip him or her.
                      Is Psychocandy now demanding gender neutral pronouns? I don't mind, except for the number of new threads it's guaranteed to spawn.

Comment

Working...
                      X