• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catalonia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Nice report about a lady protester who had her breasts fondled in custody.

NLyUK - no need to hurry over there. She then had her fingers broken one by one.

Civilization ends at Dover. Thank God we are leaving.
    Because protesters and activists never lie about their treatment.

Anything being reported at the moment, from whatever angle and whichever side, has a high risk of being spun or fake. Best not to get too outraged just yet.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Look at those nice policemen helping the anti-referendum chap whose head was smashed in by the extremist referendum supporters.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Anything being reported at the moment, from whatever angle, has a high risk of being spun or fake. Best not to get too outraged just yet.
        We can see plenty of video footage from the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          But there does need to be a crime! Show me the law that was broken.
          Alas I am not quite an expert on Spanish law, but the referendum is an attempt to change the 1978 Constitution (which as I said earlier only the Spanish Government can), also the 1978 Constitution states:

The Spanish Constitution recognizes the right to peaceful, unarmed assembly without prior authorization. In the event of meetings and demonstrations in public places, however, prior notification must be given to the authorities, who may ban such meetings only when there are well-founded grounds to expect a breach of public order, involving danger to persons or property
          So that is at least two law's broken

Full details of the constitution is available here:

https://www.constituteproject.org/co...11.pdf?lang=en
          Last edited by SimonMac; 2 October 2017, 10:59.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

According to huff post, she was treated for sprained fingers, scrapes on her neck and bruising. The kind of thing you're likely to get if you're man-handled by riot police.

If you've any sense, when riot police turn up - leave.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Alas I am not quite an expert on Spanish law, but the referendum is an attempt to change the 1978 Constitution (which as I said earlier only the Spanish Government can), also the 1978 Constitution states:

Full details of the constitution is available here:

https://www.constituteproject.org/co...11.pdf?lang=en
              So we're dropping the trespass angle. Fine.

Nothing you post says that people can't queue to put their votes in the ballot box. Nothing you post says that the police can use force to stop them queuing to put their votes on the ballot box.

As for the constitution, the simple answer is that the outcome of the vote has no legal status under Spanish Law. That doesn't authorise attacking people who seek to take part in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                So we're dropping the trespass angle. Fine.

Nothing you post says that people can't queue to put their votes in the ballot box. Nothing you post says that the police can use force to stop them queuing to put their votes on the ballot box.

As for the constitution, the simple answer is that the outcome of the vote has no legal status under Spanish Law. That doesn't authorise attacking people who seek to take part in the process.
                Any experts on Spanish law here?

Thought not.

Comment

Anything being reported at the moment, from whatever angle and whichever side, has a high risk of being spun or fake. Best not to get too outraged just yet.
                  It's practically impossible for some of the photographed older (injured) folk to have been a threat, to the extent of the injuries suffered - for it to have been proportionate.

Yes, I get your point and agree most of the response will have been ok
                  Especially in any case of masked up troublemakers [I know you didn't state this] and when targeting police etc) - but they would predominantly be the younger generation....

Riot shields, mace, body armour, batons, rubber bullets
                  VS
                  little ol granny (even with a brolly!)
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

According to huff post, she was treated for sprained fingers, scrapes on her neck and bruising. The kind of thing you're likely to get if you're man-handled by riot police.

But if you are behaving within the law, why should you?

Comment

See your point, but when intimidation is used (and it is by simply deploying the riot squads) to remove the right to protest - it's not good is it?
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X