• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Lucky for you he's stopped the booze - last time out he fired down half a dozen pints of kegged Jaipur then fecked off to the chippy. I've had to install a plaque above the spot where I paid £5 for a beer for the first time. It's a brown one, in case anyone wonders.
    He said he'll just have one.

Comment

TFA

Tonight I am going to recover after a week of working until 11pm every night to get a demo sorted for today.

Tomorrow:

Mini and Micro MUN are running a mini tough mudder type thing. They are very excited about it and I expect to see them wearing their medals for days afterwards! After that I am taking them to a friend's daughter's birthday party. Not sure what is going on the evening.

Sunday:

On church setup so will be setting things up and then zoning out for an hour or two until it is time to put things away again. Then off to a 4 hour fight training session. Will be taking the little ones as Mrs MUN is busy. Might be okay as there is a nursery on site there.

You?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Oh, I forgot, more things on my list... picking some of our apples for a friend. Maybe contacting a neighbour to see if we can have our crusher & press back.
        Picking up 2 casks of beer for Saturday night.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          ..I've had to install a plaque above the spot where I paid £5 for a beer for the first time. ...

Reminded me of when I met some friends in a pub in Lancashire and it turned out to have ideas above its station for a traditionally run down tulip hole of a town, offering European beers.

The prices were so high they usually sold them in half pints.

Of course, being only the second place I'd ever spotted the cherry kriek on draft (the other place was some poncy bar in Manchester deansgate locks area) I went for a full pint. It was almost like that pub scene from American Werewolf in London, but only those near me seemed to be interested in such audacity.

Then again at £4 a half (IIRC), and this was over 10 years ago when pints were much cheaper than now, maybe they were wondering who the newest idiot was.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The Grove Inn in Leeds - old mans pub but very nice used to do Leffe but you could only get it in the Leffe half-pint glass, distributors edict.

After a while we got to be regulars and could order 'Stealth Leffes' - a full pint in a Stella glass...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Im going to Newry...
              What have you done to deserve that?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                What have you done to deserve that?
                Must have been pretty bad, maybe he’s living in Ballymun.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Im on the Connolly-Belfast Enterprise, not sure which company runs it.

Is it Iáirnrod Eireann or something now?
                  Hope you can find a seat....

Comment

TFA

Pint and a curry tonight

Tomorrow, off to Sarfend to see the mighty Pool smash The Shrimpers
                    Sunday, off to Wembley to see The Dolphins smash The Saints*

You

* Both of these highly unlikely predictions but hey..........
                    We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Must have been pretty bad, maybe he’s living in Ballymun.
                      Ballymun is paradise after Farnworth.

Comment

Working...
                      X