• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife's 40th birthday. What to do/buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    she jumps out the car at 1AM with the pliers to get them from the lamp-post.
    The old man runs down a pedestrian at a convenient location, to be guaranteed a decent supply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The old man runs down a pedestrian at a convenient location, to be guaranteed a decent supply.
      If you bump off a child, the parents and family will keep the flowers topped up for years with them definitely being refreshed on their birthday and anniversary of the incident. It's practically a public service

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        If you bump off a child, the parents and family will keep the flowers topped up for years with them definitely being refreshed on their birthday and anniversary of the incident. It's practically a public service
        get a group and you've got a selection all year round and new teddy bears
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Ouch. This thread hit rock bottom faster than I thought it would. ....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The birthday is very hard to manage, but easy enough to coincide the anniversary of death with a loved one's birthday or wedding anniversary. You want to do a clean job of it, though. No good the victim lingering on for a few days and then every year you've got to make some excuse for why you're late with the flowers.

Comment

WTF has happened in here?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                WTF has happened in here?
                Economics.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You are right! I was thinking the connection about her being a woman and wanting to be pampered and make a fuss of made me out to be a sexist pig. Thank goodness for that. You can come clean my house and cook my tea as a reward helping me out of that situations SE.
                  I wouldn't want to give you food poisoning, and a East European cleaner would be better as they won't talk tulip to you while cleaning.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I wouldn't want to give you food poisoning,
                    So the two of you haven't met?

Comment

On further thought, there's definitely a story for xoggoth about a florist drumming up local trade.

Comment

Working...
                      X