• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those religious people again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Quite from the BBC website

"The Rohingya, who number about one million, are seen by many of Myanmar's Buddhist majority as illegal migrants from Bangladesh."

So not my words you cock rocket.
    Just decided to change the words in bold to see if you spot something.

You might only ever see the words "illegal immigrants", but sometimes there are words around that phrase that mean something.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Just decided to change the words in bold to see if you spot something.

You might only ever see the words "illegal immigrants", but sometimes there are words around that phrase that mean something.
      Are you a resident of Myanmar

Or just an expert in telling other people what to think?

Comment

Quite from the BBC website

"The Rohingya, who number about one million, are seen by many of Myanmar's Buddhist majority as illegal migrants from Bangladesh."

So not my words you cock rocket.
        I do understand that you are adopting the words of the perpetrators of this atrocity. Which confirms that you are a wank stain. But humour me. Where are they immigrants from?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          I do understand that you are adopting the words of the perpetrators of this atrocity. Which confirms that you are a wank stain. But humour me. Where are they immigrants from?
          Bangladesh according to the article

Why do you ask?

Comment

Are you a resident of Myanmar

Don't stop now. You had us on the ropes!

Comment

Bangladesh according to the article

Why do you ask?
              When did they migrate from Bangladesh?

Comment

I can safely answer no to that. I am not you, Paul Dacre or Rupert Murdoch.

Comment

Here's an article from a different source:
                  http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/11/as...gya/index.html

Note - they fled Myanmar and went to Bangladesh, and some have since gone to Pakistan

Comment

And maybe a bit of research would tell you why they are considered immigrants.

According to the Myanmar 1982 Citizenship Law, only those who trace their residence in the country to before 1823, or those belonging to the majority Burman, or Kachin, Kayah, Karen, Chin, Mon, Rakhine and Shan ethnic groups, qualify for full citizenship.
                    A list of another 135 ethnic groups, drawn up in 1982 and made public in 1990, did not include the Rohingya.

The Rohingya trace their origins in Rakhine to the 15th century or earlier. But the official name for them today is “Bengali”, intended to underline that they came to Rakhine as part of the British East India Company’s expansion into Burma after it defeated the Burmese king in 1826. This is why 1823 is the cut-off date for both the 1948 and 1982 Citizenship Acts.

So, you have to prove that your family lived in the country 200 years ago, or be from a particular ethnicity, otherwise you're an illegal immigrant to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      And maybe a bit of research would tell you why they are considered immigrants.

According to the Myanmar 1982 Citizenship Law, only those who trace their residence in the country to before 1823, or those belonging to the majority Burman, or Kachin, Kayah, Karen, Chin, Mon, Rakhine and Shan ethnic groups, qualify for full citizenship.
                      A list of another 135 ethnic groups, drawn up in 1982 and made public in 1990, did not include the Rohingya.

The Rohingya trace their origins in Rakhine to the 15th century or earlier. But the official name for them today is “Bengali”, intended to underline that they came to Rakhine as part of the British East India Company’s expansion into Burma after it defeated the Burmese king in 1826. This is why 1823 is the cut-off date for both the 1948 and 1982 Citizenship Acts.

So, you have to prove that your family lived in the country 200 years ago, or be from a particular ethnicity, otherwise you're an illegal immigrant to some people.
                      You will need to express that in Civ 5 terms If you expect a considered response.

Comment

Working...
                      X